The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Ranchero Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ranchero doors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ranchero doors
    Posted: 13-October-2012 at 5:07AM
I have a pair of 79 Ranchero doors that I have stripped down to the shell to harvest the parts. I was told that the doors do differ from T bird's, Cougar's, Montego's and the like but is that only in the door skin itself? Reason being is that I have these Ranchero shells and a Montego doorskin. I was thinking about re-skinning the the left doorshell.  
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2012 at 5:31AM
What yr Montego? They should be the same as 72? or 73 Montego,  74- 79 Cougar,  & 77-79 T Bird/ LTDII. Dan The Man help me out here.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2012 at 5:50AM
My bad. They are different. The tops are diff. That don't mean you can't re skin the bottom section, if that's what's bad on yours. Again sorry for the confusion.Embarrassed
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2012 at 6:12AM
I don't actually have a use for the door I was just wondering if the inner shell of a Ranchero door was as different as the outside. I figure someone could use it once it's done. 
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2012 at 7:42AM
I wish I was closer to you to purchase the doors. The doors will interchange from 77-79 in Ranchero, LTD II, Thunderbird and Cougar. The only difference that I am aware of is that the Ranchero uses a different shaped door glass. Todd
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2012 at 9:19AM
Then it sounds like re-skinning the left door is a viable endeavor.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2012 at 8:04AM
Speaking of doors, front end pieces, etc., anyone know of any company that manufactures fiberglass fenders, hoods, etc for our cars? Sure could use any lightening ideas..
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2012 at 4:25PM
Outside of pin on hoods I'm not aware of anything. For the 72-73 Torino's I think they also have a pin on decklid and fiberglass valance panels. The front is 72 only but would fit the Ranchero.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
13 Taurus SHO "Mr Pig"
Psquare75 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2012 at 1:30AM
I think the inner skin is different as well I'm afraid. 

I was looking into using Elite inners on my 78 Cougar, and I recall some differences. 

Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
 Post Reply Post Reply