The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front bench seat removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969FordTorinoGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front bench seat removal
    Posted: 19-November-2012 at 1:50AM
I have a 69 gran Torino GT two door vinyl hard top. Due to the heater core leaking I want to remove the front seat and clean the carpet and dry it out. Does anyone know how to remove the front seat? I found an exposed nut with bolt on the underside of the car for the front of the seat. On the rear side all I can find is a square head bolt recessed in the seat track. No way to get at it and no nut exposed on the bottom. Thanks
madmaxtorino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zombie Killing Training Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2012 at 10:38AM
should be an access hole underneath the car to get to the nut. had a rubber plug in it from the factory.
Allan
Revelation 6:8
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2012 at 5:25AM
Sometimes there will be a nut welded underneath some cars, you just turn the bolt up top. If you slide the seat forward it should be easier to get to. If you crank on the bolt for a given amount of time and it doesn't come out, you'll know that there IS a bolt underneath that you will need access to. Sorry for your trouble. I will be removing my bench as well soon as I get money for those cheap buckets from Poop Boys. I ain't building a show car, as you all know, just a decent heavy-a** hot-rod. This thing will never be pretty, like me, hehe.
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
TDLMOMOWERS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDLMOMOWERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2012 at 10:37AM
My 69 GT Fastback had bolts welded to the seat tracks. The front ones were shorter than the rear ones or visa-versa. The bolts had nuts under the car that were easy to get off, then the seat came right out. Mine has a bench seat. Look real good, there may be a rubber plug that has to be removed to access the nut. Mine did not have any plugs and the nuts were easy to find. I broke 2 of the bolts getting them loose, but after the seat was out, I welded new bolts to the seat tracks.
 Post Reply Post Reply