The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

68 Torino question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twood68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 68 Torino question
    Posted: 10-December-2012 at 3:37PM
Need to build up some info and get answers for some questions on my 68 Gt fastback Torino. Oh I will be starting a follow along topic once I get started on my project but again want to satisfy a direction to take first.

Question, it has a console and buckets but the buckets have head rest on them, this isn't origanle correct? I believe that the early 68 & 69 Torinos had only low back buckets available!? Anyone know if possibly the buckets are correct? I assume not.

Question, when I check the data code on the door it has code "6U" for trim and when I look that up it says "pastel parchment" . I'm not strong on the interior codes and color combos so what exactly is this color "6U" ?? Currently it is a black interior.

Any help with these questions will be very helpful for me, I googled for 2 days on this stuff and could not get a solid answer.

And my last question at this point would be on a auto tranny, the ford C4 & C6 can the shift arm on the tranny be flipped both ways either for a colum shift to a floor shift? Or do you have to get exactly the one you need?

These questions will lead me into my direction to go with this fastback!

Thanks guys and hope someone can help.

Torino's Rock
Tony
TDLMOMOWERS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDLMOMOWERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2012 at 4:31PM
68 Torinos did not have headrests. High back buckets with headrests integrated into seat would indicate that the seats were replaced with later model seats. 69s had headrests, but they were used with lower back buckets.
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2012 at 5:04AM
This is from the parts catalog:

Hope it helps you,
Mike
Grumpy old man
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2012 at 5:07AM
well, that didn't work!  I'll figure it out and post the info.
Grumpy old man
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2012 at 5:14AM
Grumpy old man
Grumpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2012 at 5:16AM
It looks like it worked.  One of these days I'll figure out this computer crap!

Mike
Grumpy old man
rcode View Drop Down
Brand New Member
Brand New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2012 at 2:32PM
A 68 could indeed have headrests as they were offered as an option. Double posted and rare.
twood68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twood68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2012 at 9:05AM
Hmmm. I may take some picks, they look like mustangs seats to me but I could be wrong

Grumpy, thanks for the page, now it makes more curious, what are all the other codes mean by chance?
Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply