The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starsky and Hutch Badge numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starsky and Hutch Badge numbers
    Posted: 17-February-2013 at 7:41PM
Does anyone know what Starsky and Hutch's police badge numbers were? Did they use different ones for the movie or the same as the TV series? I am looking at getting a replica badge made to display on the dash at car shows and I want to try and be as authentic as possible.

Thanks

James
boydnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boydnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2013 at 5:30AM
There's an episode in season 4 where they have a close up on the badges couldn't tell you number I'd have to find my dvds and find it if you have season 4 its the episode where they quit the force and throw their badges into the ocean
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2013 at 7:57AM

Hutch was badge number 12 & Starsky was badge number 82....

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2013 at 5:50AM
If you find somewhere to get some made let me know. I thought about that a while back but didn't find anywhere to get them.
little jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2013 at 11:23AM
Thanks for the info guys,

Scott, I can get a custom badge from Smith Warren but your looking at around $70+ as they are proper badges for law enforcement. I tried several companies in China as they advertised them at $1-$5  but obviously of a much lesser quality. It turns out that you have to first pay around $400 - $500 initially to get a mold done which then you own, after that you pay the few dollars per badge. I don't mind paying around $30'ish (I would go a little extra to include a proper wallet for the badge) but anything $50+ is a bit excessive for what is essentially a toy badge to show on the dash at car shows.

This one cost $127 just for the badge.

The cheapest I could get from Smith & Warren was $84 for just silver or gold and not two tone.
If I find anythind better I will post it up.
Just out of interest, whould anyone be interested in a prop badge?

Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2013 at 3:20PM

Yes possibly could I see some pics?

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2016 at 11:28AM
i didn't know this thread even existed Shocked
i too had the same idea Wink

does anyone have any good pics (like above) of the ones used in the movie???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
dave302 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave302 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2016 at 5:38PM
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2016 at 5:50PM
thanks dave! i thought the bay city part was blue!(in the movie) if you find a better close up pic like the above pic please post it!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
GRAN1976TORINO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAN1976TORINO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2016 at 7:51PM
Little known fact...look closely at the spelling of Starsky. Someone at Warner Bros was asleep when thy did a spell-check.
This was the actual ID used by Stiller in the movie.LOL.
starskytorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starskytorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2016 at 2:20PM
i got mine at clipon badges in the uk  complete id badge with id card and leather holder for 65.00 sent from uk the web site is cliponbadges.com look just like the ones from the tv series
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2016 at 11:38PM
Originally posted by starskytorino starskytorino wrote:

i got mine at clipon badges in the uk  complete id badge with id card and leather holder for 65.00 sent from uk the web site is cliponbadges.com look just like the ones from the tv series

Fred,

Please share photos of your score...............

THANKS

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
starskytorino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starskytorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2016 at 12:31PM
    heres starskys badge from cliponbadges.com
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2016 at 2:15PM
i checked out their site. i was hoping the individual badges were the pin on style, because i still have my leather off duty clip on badge holder, and i'd like to use it for my display. there is a badge manufacturer here local and i know someone that works there, that's why i was looking for good quality pics to have a custom one-off one made! but the clip on badge co. is definitely an option if this idea falls throughWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
wylroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wylroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2018 at 2:48AM
Post up...
Hi all. I'm searching for the 2 badges, Id & holster...
I tried these website but without success...
Is there an actual link To find it ?
Thanks
tedthemechanic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedthemechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2023 at 3:16AM
How cool is that 12 & 82  the month and year my son was born. I also took my wife to the hospital when he was due in my first Starsky & Hutch replica .  Lol.  So he's a Starsky & Hutch baby .
  Ken
If it wasn't for the home of the Brave,there would be no land of the Free !
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2023 at 10:47PM
Screen accurate S&H badges....
STARSKY

HUTCH

Heavy badges like those used by real police officers. Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply