The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Cyclone Spoiler Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abtxchevyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 Cyclone Spoiler Value
    Posted: 20-January-2007 at 6:47AM

I have found a 1970 Merc Cyclone Spoiler. The car is Grabber Blue, all original except for the tires and traction bars, has 55,000 original miles. VIN #OH176542957. The exterior is good with all trim and moulding pieces, has small rust patch on passenger door and fender. Motor is CJ429, tranny is T-10 with original t-handle Hurst shifter. Has original dash pad with instrument cluster in dash, and spoiler striping, and badge. The passenger floor pan needs to be replaced, because the owner had left the window open slightly allowing water in, so naturally the carpet will have to be replaced also. Both door panels are in excellent shape with handles and badges all intact, seats are also in excellent shape. The rear axle is letter O on the door panel tag, and that is the only thing that can be read on the trim tag. I'm assuming this is the Super Dragpak rear with either the 3.91 or 4.31 gears.

So, now that U have seen the pics, what kind of value does this car hold. I do know that there were only 1631 of these vehicles made, and I think I saw somewhere that only 32-35 of these cars were Grabber Blue. Any Info would be appreciated.
tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2007 at 11:30AM
hey did you ever getany ideas on what this car would be worth??????????/ would love to know-thanks
MercRS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MercRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-August-2007 at 5:20PM
that is not a true vin#
if it real and runs I would say 12k
tricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2007 at 1:30PM
hey there -number is real its been traced back to the owner from a very long time ago we are now in contact with him and working on getting it back in his family.thanks for your input though glad to see someone respond-have a great day
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2007 at 4:37PM
It's worth about as much as you can convince someone to pay.  Prices are continuing to skyrocket on the rare optioned cars.  A quick look at Hemmings I found 2 spoilers, one for 12k that needs less work than that one.  The other is priced at 87,500 but it's been built up and is probably a clone.  I don't trust it if they say it came with "no paint code" that means the door tag is probably a replacement.  Try checking out barrett jackson I saw a 70 spoiler sold for 45k at Palm Beach '06.  If you're trying to buy that offer 5 grand to start and work from there.  865 Spoilers made in 1970.
gt429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2008 at 9:50AM
i have a 70 cyclone gt and it is grabber blue. my door tag didnt have the code on the sticker either.  thats because it was a special orderd paint color. when i orderd my mart report they could'nt find my paint code but luckly i found the build sheet under the carpet and on it it said my grabber blue paint. so just if your door sticker dont say dosent mean it was replaced.
carguy50548 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carguy50548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2008 at 12:26PM
In the VIN I'd guess the 6 should be a C. Also, where did you get 865 as the number of Spoilers made in 1970? I thought 1631 was correct.Also, I agree -offer$5,000 and go up to $10,000-$12,000. I have a 70 grabber blue Spoiler and an orange 70 GT.
 Post Reply Post Reply