The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Filling body side molding holes??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filling body side molding holes??
    Posted: 05-November-2003 at 10:56AM

I have a 72 formal roof sport that I have taken the body side moldings off of. Sorry but I like the clean look. I took the ones from below as well as the mid strip. I also removed the vinyl top. Well now I have a car with about two dozen 1/4 to 3/8 inch holes. Is there a way for a do it yourselfer to fill them (bondo). Or is this something a body shop should do? Any ideas. Greg

http://gghs1981.tripod.com/torino/index.html

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-November-2003 at 6:38AM

I filled mine with bondo looks great if done correctly

Gregs72Sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregs72Sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2003 at 11:39AM
Thanks for the reply. When you used the bondo to fill the holes were you able to do it flush or did you have to make a little dimple around the hole first? Also did you use something behind the hole to secure the bondo, like screen? Greg
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-November-2003 at 9:07AM
yes dimpled no backing bondo swells as it dries so it will lock into the hole
greenlizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2003 at 6:32AM
I use tiger hair (fiberglass reinforced bondo) when filling holes. It doesn't seem to "pop out" over time.
 Post Reply Post Reply