The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Torino GT Restore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1970 Torino GT Restore
    Posted: 31-July-2013 at 7:50AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and just recently bought a 1970 Torino GT with the 429 or 460 engine. VIN was for the 351 Cleveland but this was replaced with the 429/460. It has Edelbrock covers that say Performer 460 and Holley carbs. Engine runs great but my focus now is on wheels and seats/seatbelts.

The front seats are more modern power seats and the original seat belts are gone.  These seats have what I think may be the original lap belts attached on the inside of each seat, but nowhere to insert them. Any tips on belts that will not require a ton of mods? Also, I'm trying to find original or nice aftermarket seats that will work. I'm 6'5" and need the seat low and leaned back so I need something that will give me plenty of leg and head room.   

For tires, in the rear it has Indy 500 Fire Hawk's in 235/60/15 and the front 215/65/15.  The rears are clipping the fender and I just confirmed there are no spacers on the hub. Any good recommendation on a good tire size that will fit and not require other mods to be made? I don't want to flare out the fenders. These are too wide for sure. I am having trouble confirming the rim size. Measuring looks like 8.5" and the only markings inside the rims are 2U91898.  I think the axle is original although the original tag is not present but from other research it has the bolt pattern of the Ford 9" (the lower 2 bolts not accessible by socket) but I can't confirm if it's stock and perhaps too wide? 

Thanks.

Croaker
 Post Reply Post Reply