The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1977-1979 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bushings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushings
    Posted: 06-August-2013 at 12:04PM
serious question. How hard should the rear new upper and lower arm go into the car.also lower front should the polly be even with the sleeve mybushings extend beyond the sleeve.What would be the best way to cut them if needed.
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2013 at 4:20PM
Just did my front end rebuild on my 77 LTD II.  I'm guessing it's the same.  Yes, the rubber extended beyond the sleeve on the lower front bushing.  Seems like about 1/16" to 1/8".  And that's how it went in.

Here's a pic of a new one.

fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2013 at 12:02AM
My pollys use the old outer sleeve.Its the inner one polly extents past it when pressed.
fordpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2013 at 1:54PM
Rear all back together, getting ready to install the right front coil spring.Hard to believe I will have about a grand in the suspension when I am done.Good thing Evonne does not have any idea about cars.
 Post Reply Post Reply