The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A road trip planned with the new ride.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedway 650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A road trip planned with the new ride.
    Posted: 15-August-2013 at 4:20PM

I am feeling adventurous. Tomorrow morning, we are leaving to visit my wife's parents in Ontario. It is just over 300 miles there. But I run 180 to get the car. And since then, it has run perfectly. Just to justify the trip in the old car, we have two car show within 25 miles of them scouted out, with plans to attend.

Also there is a place there called Crown rustproofing. I have an appointment to get the car sprayed with an oil that reminds me of 3-in-1 Oil. I had the southern Excursion I bought done a couple of years ago.  They sprayed inside and under EVERYWHERE. It dripped for a while, but no harm done. I am a believer. The parents bought a Chevy Aveo when they first came out. They have had it sprayed every couple of summers. It is 100% rust free and they drive more than I do in the winter in the only place on Earth that looks to use more road salt than Michigan does. I will not be winter driving the Torino, but it'll be outside a lot and protection from moisture of any kind seems to be a good idea.

Wish me luck. Like I said, the old car runs and drives great, but I have about 60 pounds worth of tools in the truck......just in case.

-Les in MI.
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2013 at 5:30PM
good luck and take some pics to post when you get back.
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
 Post Reply Post Reply