The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear sway bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear sway bar
    Posted: 21-August-2013 at 5:19PM
I am looking to add rear sway bar to my S&H car.I added the 1 1/8 front bar from a 72 Comp handling pack car and I just wanted to ask if there is any issues with adding a rear bar when you have air shocks on the car.I am not sure how the rear bars are mounted so I just wanted to make sure it will work with air shocks all the way up.Any advice is welcomed.
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2013 at 11:04AM
I am going to show you some photos i have from my ranchero resto that should help. The rear upper trailing arms with have to come off. to install the mounting bracket to the frame. Any 72-79 midsize car with the rear sway set up will work on your car. Try to find a 72/73 sport those could have had the larger 3/4 sway bar. the standard one is a 5/8.

Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2013 at 4:59PM
Thank you.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2013 at 2:26PM
If you can't find an OEM bar, Addco make a 7/8" rear bar with the hardware. The hardware from Addco isn't as nice as the factory stuff, but it works and its the biggest bar you can get for our cars. There is a sticky thread with lots of pics on the Addco installation.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply