The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Four Doors and Wagons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weatherstripping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NwOh_Starsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weatherstripping
    Posted: 11-September-2013 at 12:38PM
So I like almost anyone with a sedan or wagon had very leaky windows when I got my Torino.  I read and searched everywhere and came up with the same answers I'm sure everyone has seen...not much. I tried the PlastiDip, even tried cutting the back ind inserting rubber vacuum line to try to seal the gap. No luck.  I bought a roll of universal 3M self-adhesive weatherstripping - part number 8651.  It didn't quite fill the space the OEM weather seal filled, but it sealed the window! It is available in many part stores.  

GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2013 at 12:46PM
Nice find! 
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door
NwOh_Starsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NwOh_Starsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2013 at 12:50PM
Originally posted by GTW GTW wrote:

Nice find! 

Not a show car fix, but since mine's a driver it's good enough.  I've been thinking about filling the gap with black RTV or something so it looks a bit better.  I overlapped the corner a little to help fill the area under the corner of the glass.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NwOh_Starsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2013 at 12:54PM
Here's a few other pics:

Window up

Front of window track

JoeKarasinski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeKarasinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2013 at 2:08PM
I don't know if this would help but you might be able to make something closer with one of these.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NwOh_Starsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2013 at 1:13AM
Originally posted by JoeKarasinski JoeKarasinski wrote:

I don't know if this would help but you might be able to make something closer with one of these.

Looks like a similar product, just different shapes.  I'll give them a good look over before doing the other windows.
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2013 at 1:59AM
Wow, this is what I have been looking for. The original owner filled the gaps in the original weatherstripping on my wagon with Great Stuff. Obviously did not work, as the car leaks badly.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
 Post Reply Post Reply