The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Four Doors and Wagons
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 door sedan bench seat upholstery help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 door sedan bench seat upholstery help!!!
    Posted: 12-September-2013 at 7:27AM
I have a 71 Torino 500 4 door sedan. It has bench seats in the front and back. The front seat isn't a split bench. I can't find seat covers for the front bench anywhere outside of having a local shop install them for at least $500 (they don't want to just make the upholstery for me) I want to do everything myself. Does anyone know where I can find one online? I don't really care if it looks original. I don't want to trade out seats either.
71 Torino 500 4 door
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2013 at 2:44AM
Try browsing around on this site. They are pretty reasonable and the quality was great. I bought my upholstery from them and am very happy with it.

Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
wmcksmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2013 at 11:48AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't seen this site before. 
71 Torino 500 4 door
wmcksmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2013 at 5:06AM
I finally started reaching out to upholstery shops out of town and found one that would do the front bench, including headrest, for $275. I don't think that I could buy the upholstery, and foam for that.. I'm going to give it a shot.

I went to their shop and seems like that they do a good job... I guess I see soon enough.

Thanks again for the suggestion... It's still a good site
71 Torino 500 4 door
wmcksmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcksmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2013 at 3:17PM
Here what they did with the seats. Came out really good
71 Torino 500 4 door
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2013 at 3:33PM
Looks great!
 Post Reply Post Reply