The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1970-1971 Ford and Mercury
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1971 Torino GT - Need Kickdown Linkage for a 429
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1971 Torino GT - Need Kickdown Linkage for a 429

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1971 Torino GT - Need Kickdown Linkage for a 429
    Posted: 07-October-2013 at 6:13AM
My Marti report indicated I originally had a C4 cruise o matic but I need to verify if I still have the C4 or a C6. At the Carlisle show this weekend a Ford vendor said that the C4 would not have mated up to the 429 that it should be a C6. The car originally had a 351-C in it but was swapped at some point.

I want to put my original column shifter to use and get rid of the B&M that someone installed. The shop I work with said I'm missing my kickdown linkage and brackets to swap over the original shifter. Anyone have any available or know what I should be looking for? Would comparable year Thunderbirds or Galaxies fit this? Not having an easy time. Thanks.

croakernorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote croakernorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2013 at 3:22PM
Just an update I confirmed tonight my Torino does have the C6 transmission.  The prior owner disconnected the stock linkage to use a B&M shifter. My local classic shop told me my original linkage was missing. I did look around online and see Lokar makes a kit but the original specs looked like it was a rod. Anyone ever used a Lokar or similar cable system to restore the original column shifter? Thanks.
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2013 at 6:08PM
Have the Lokar kit but have not installed it yet. I do think it is the ticket for a kick down lever and they are easy to fit because you just cut them.

A little on the speedy side but you do get what you pay for.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
 Post Reply Post Reply