The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Auto Body Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rocker panels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimka111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rocker panels
    Posted: 13-October-2013 at 7:33AM
I posted this on parts wanted as well ,but I need rocker panels for both sides of mt 76' Torino.Partial rust on both of mine where there is nothing left.Passenger side has a hole in it probably drivers side as well.
Montego01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montego01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2013 at 12:48PM
If you can't find any, you may want to try to find a local fab shop to make you up a set.
I had a local shop make some full patch panels behind the wheels for my Montego GT. I drew up a sketch (top, side, and end view along with measurements and the guy made them for me
I would think the rockers would even be easier to make than those panels I had made up. there was all kinds of sharp angles on those at the very bottom
Scott
72 Montego GT 429 build thread
1966 Chevy C10
1973 Montego MX
2004 Bonneville GXP
jimka111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimka111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2013 at 1:09PM
thanx,I actually purcased 2 bent sections from a member in ohio they used sections to patch and the car looks beautiful,no more rust down there,it looks brand new,but the car is running real rough right now,i don't know if that's because of the cold weather but that will be the next problem in spring.Had a new radiator installed last month could be part of the problem?????
 Post Reply Post Reply