The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost Q-Ship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2017 at 12:09PM
Thanks Guys, I was curious, It seems like the buckets are original to the car, then someone put in a hole and 4 speed and lastly bought a console and a shifter that came up with the Titanic teacups!

Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Looks like the ignition setup you chose should work well.  Looks similar to Todd's setup we discussed in the ignition thread.

I did a ton of research and found 2 magazine articles plus lots of supporting webpages didn't see the ignition thread but will go looking for it.

Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

thad, i just sent your parts out a few minutes ago!

Thanks!

the window rollers...are you talking about the plastic roller for the window track? they are riveted but the replacements bolt into the hole or are you talking about the gear part of the regulator? i have a nice passenger side regulator available....

The white plastic pieces are what I need to get. The one on the crank arm is still in one piece, but the 2 for the guide are chipped and broken I'd rather just replace it now while it's all apart..a pre-emptive strike so to speak!

Edited by gentrysgarage - 04-April-2017 at 12:36PM
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2017 at 12:22PM
oh the square plastic things? i have several how many do you need?i also have a couple new roller pieces as well (had to buy a kit of 4 just to get one for my car)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
gentrysgarage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2017 at 12:39PM

oh the square plastic things? i have several how many do you need?i also have a couple new roller pieces as well (had to buy a kit of 4 just to get one for my car)

I am going to replace all of them with new ones. The fronts seem to be different but haven't gotten to them yet.

Thanks
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2017 at 12:51PM
Here is the ignition thread.  It talks about a few different options, including your setup (near the end of the thread).

Randy is correct about the tilt wheel, but this wasn't an option in 1972.  Didn't become available until 1974.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2017 at 4:35PM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Here is the ignition thread.

Thanks Vince for the link.

Ok been working on the Torino today and have some questions:

It seems the front windows have sguare rollers connected to the window regulators, the rear are round and broken, do the square ones supercede the round ones and does anybody have the right part number (I have seen 2 different numbers posted for the 72 Torino)

I do need at least 2 of these rollers that go on the guides in the rear.

I still haven't gotten to the front windows, but probably will need the 2 guide teflons.
As the original grease became almost an epoxy any suggestions on a good grease?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2017 at 12:25PM

thad, i just sent your parts out a few minutes ago!

I GOT the parts THANKS!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2017 at 3:09PM
awesome! let me know if you need anything else... i'm out there still disassembling parts nowConfused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2017 at 8:25AM
Thanks to John and eBay I have a full set of window regulator rollers in transit, still need the widow guide rollers pictured previously. It was a Great Eater Weekend, starting with a real thrash on Good Friday.
Ready for primer finally

The proper stance to go about stripping inner fenderwells

Then Saturday night

So the order going forward...
Prime doors and hinges
Basecoat/topcoat/clear jambs (doors,hinges and body)/window channels/cowl top
install doors
install roof insulation/headliner and front and rear windshields
side windows
firewall pad
steering column/AC/Dash bracketry
to be contined.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2017 at 5:43PM
hell yeah! looking good Big smile are you going to use seam sealer? also i did the whole under side and the wheelwells and the inside pans and the trunk with bed liner!!! Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2017 at 12:39AM
Coming along great!
Matt

1972 Montego MX
1973 Gran Torino Sportsroof
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
2003 F-150 5.4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2017 at 6:18AM
Thanks for the kind words guyz, its been a battle but it has just begun...she wants it done in a month Stern Smile ...we'll see

hell yeah! looking good Big smile are you going to use seam sealer? also i did the whole under side and the wheelwells and the inside pans and the trunk with bed liner!!! Wink

I pulled all the seam sealer from the rear wheelwells forward as the tar had hardened and was getting a very slight browning on the bare metal underneath, I amm replacing it. I wanted to get a coat of primer sealer on all the metal then the seam sealer, then the black basecoat, then the bedliner in the center floor,roof, trunk and wheelwels. I would like to paint the underside...but with the missus' imposed deadline that is gonna wait! LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic