The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

gpd294's Tribute Torino Wagon Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2017 at 4:13PM
congrats!! sorry about your brother but glad you guys keep his truck, those are nice trucks! i have one too Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2017 at 9:54PM
Sorry to hear about your Brother getting the truck out is a great way to honor him. Peace and take care Dan
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2017 at 12:42AM
Looking great!  And sorry to hear about your brother.  Love old Chevy trucks.  We still have my Dad's '67 fleetside.
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
legend onirot View Drop Down
METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2017 at 3:03AM
looking great carlos.  condolances on your brother, but like others have said...  great way to honor him

---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
gentrysgarage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gentrysgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2017 at 3:37AM
I guess I missed it about your brother also, sorry to hear it. It is great to show off his truck.
Also thanks for the reviews you are doing on the parts you are using..the head lamps in particular.

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2017 at 4:54AM
Thank you very much Guys! I really do enjoy taking the wagon out and just enjoying it.

I thought I had shared that somewhere, but maybe I didn't. Unfortunately my oldest brother passed away in February of a heart attack and complications of chronic bronchitis. He was only 52. It was very unexpected and we all took it pretty hard. But as time has passed things have gotten a little better and we find comfort in the memories we shared including talking about my wagon and his Chevy PU.

My brother actually semi-retired a year earlier and made a point of getting his PU back up and running. He enjoyed tinkering with it and the plan was to hit the local car shows this season to hang out more and visit, but unfortunately the good LORD had other plans. My other brother bought the PU from his estate and this was the first show we were able to go too and show it off. It was a good feeling to see his wishes come to fruition.

I look forward to spending more time with my remaining brothers and making memories!     
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2017 at 10:02AM

Hey Guys, quick question. I've been driving the wagon a little more often this Summer and have run into an issue that I seem to remember some other folks having trouble with as well.

It has to do with the A/C fan speed. If I keep the fan speed at the second level it works fine no matter how HOT it is outside, but if I select the HIGH position it will blow a fuse after a couple minutes. The fuse I am running is a 25A fuse as recommended in the Owners manual.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so, have you found a fix other than keeping under the HIGH mark and/or keep changing the fuse when this happens?

Thanks in advance for the help!   

Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2017 at 10:35AM

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2017 at 1:37PM
Carlos, that thread  seems covers the topic pretty thoroughly.  Let us know if you figure it out.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2017 at 2:20AM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Carlos, that thread  seems covers the topic pretty thoroughly.  Let us know if you figure it out.

Will do...thanks Vince

jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2017 at 5:24AM
Sounds like the blower motor has a high draw when on high speed . It uses full voltage on high and runs through a resister on low and medium . that needs less amperage .
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic