Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to post a picture.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Member of the Stroker Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psquare75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to post a picture.
    Posted: 26-May-2010 at 2:58PM
Taken with some edits from 460ford.com

Hopefully this helps

Step 1: go to www.photobucket.com and sign up. It is free. You CAN do this with a slower internet connection, but broadband (non-dialup) is best. It will just require a lot more patience with dialup.

click 'join now'

Give a username and password

give more info and finalize

select the 'browse' button

use the drop down box to find where your pictures are on your computer and select them

after you select your pictures use the 'upload' button and upload them to your online photo album. (this takes your picture off your computer and stores it on the photobucket website. The Torino website then references the photobucket website when displaying your pictures, that is called direct link or hotlinking)

Next you go to your picture that is in your album that you uploaded. Find the picture you want a click once (left click) on the 'IMG Code' area. you will notice that the word "copied" will briefly appear. this will automatically 'copy' the link for you.

Now you are set to post pics on this site. Type your message and when you want to insert your picture, 'paste' the image code that was copied from photobucket  you can select the edit menu and select 'paste' or right click and select 'paste'. That will paste the link to your picture into your message.

Here is how it should look in your message.

This sticky is a work in progress Smile
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500
TomiTomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomiTomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2010 at 7:51PM
I've made once a post with screenshots. Perhaps you could use them aswell for this topic. See third posting here:

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/downloading-pics_topic1716.html
Tomi
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2010 at 5:53AM
Courtesy of TomiTomi. Below is how to post a picture using the internal tools available on this webpage.

Push the "Insret Image" button.

In this dialog you have to upload your image first. This in the left bottom corner. Click on "Browse" (I hope my Hungarian OS doesn't confuse you...), look for the image on your hard drive and click OK. When it is uploaded, you get a preview of your image. Click OK in this dialog and the image is added. You can repeat this a several times.

Tomi
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2010 at 7:31AM
Originally posted by GranTorinoSport GranTorinoSport wrote:

Courtesy of TomiTomi. Below is how to post a picture using the internal tools available on this webpage.

In this dialog you have to upload your image first. This in the left bottom corner. Click on "Browse" (I hope my Hungarian OS doesn't confuse you...), look for the image on your hard drive and click OK. When it is uploaded, you get a preview of your image. Click OK in this dialog and the image is added. You can repeat this a several times.

Tomi
TOTALLY the easiest way I have seen!!

Only caveat to this is you HAVE to hit the POST REPLY button button on the lower left with the BLUE ARROW and NOT use the QUICK REPLY box on the bottom of all the pages.
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
GranTorinoSport View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin of "The Org"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinoSport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2010 at 8:02AM
I really like how this forum software lets you have a "disk space area" where you can see all of the photos and files you have posted to the Forum. It is a really nice feature that I don't see on some other forum software packages.

But Paul makes a great case for using photobucket if you post to more than one forum, because I can see where the duplicity would drive me crazy (and having it all at photobucket solves that).

For myself, I just post here mostly. I belong to a Ford Truck forum, and I don't post the (almost dead) ProjectBronco.com forum anymore.
Scott Eklund

Webmaster
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2010 at 10:12AM

On the Super Coupe site I haven't figured out how to post the same picture in different threads!

It says ALREADY POSTED IN .... name of thread.
THAT SUCKS!

Isn't photobucket the site that makes the photos so small I can hardly see them and then only a couple pics per page? THAT CHIT DRIVES ME NUT!!
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2010 at 6:19AM
Let me add this...
Photo size seems to be alot of peoples problem.

MOST computers have the Microsoft Office software.

1. Open the folder with your photos
2. Right-Click the photo (drop menu appears)
3. scroll to "OPEN WITH" (drop menu appears)
4. Click on Microsoft Office Picture Manager
5. picture manager opens with that photo on the screen
6. Click on "EDIT PICTURES" (it is on the menu bar across the top of the screen, between the icons to rotate your pics and "Auto Correct") 
7. NEW Edit pictures menu will drop on right side of screen
8. Click on "RESIZE" (bottom of the menu)
9. Click the drop down menu underneath "PREDEFINED WIDTH x HEIGHT:"
10. Click on "WEB LARGE (640x480px)
11. Click "OK"
12. can hit save or just close the program and click yes when it asks to save changes.

I use that size as it puts the file small enough to mail out or post on most websites, yet still big enough not to distort when you need to look at it close.

LOOKS complicated... do it a couple times and it actually takes a couple seconds to do!
You can click on the view Icon and click thumbnails, the selct all the pics you want to resize (Select All for a new folder of pics) THEN start at step 6! it will do them ALL AT ONCE! Might take a few seconds when you hit OK to do the resize or to save them all if you do a LARGE number of pics at once.
You can CROP and flip pics there too!
I prefer to flip and crop pics FIRST before I resize so they maintain the clarity!
Ask me how I know this!?
I cropped a pic to use only a small area AFTER I resized it, then saved it... PIXALIZED BAD when I tried to blow it up and look at it.
Cropped it FIRST... THEN resized it... MUCH BETTER no pixalization!

Edited by cowboyupdjcarl - 07-December-2010 at 6:25AM
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-October-2012 at 2:22PM
Originally posted by Regul8r Regul8r wrote:

Originally posted by GranTorinoSport GranTorinoSport wrote:

Tomi
TOTALLY the easiest way I have seen!!

Only caveat to this is you HAVE to hit the POST REPLY button button on the lower left with the BLUE ARROW and NOT use the QUICK REPLY box on the bottom of all the pages.

Bringing this back to the top for all the new people to see!
I understand alot of you like photobucket but here on the site is already the easiest way to post pics I have EVER used...

I can go back and repost a pic I posted 3 years ago without worry that it got deleted by photobucket.
No need to "FIGURE OUT" what link to use to post it proper.

TRY IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply