The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INFO: Manual Transmission Pedal from MDL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2019 at 4:05AM
Always great info. Would be great to see pictures.

One of my complaints with my GTS has been I had to modify the headers I had for my car.
I had old Dynomax Blackjack headers on my 1976 Ford Elite with my 351C and C4, but I figured when I put my engine into my GTS, I figured I had nothing to lose by chop-cut-weld into my 4 speed car. Took a bit of figuring out but I made a new pipe then had an exhaust ship bend me one up and I burned it into my header, to clear the Z bar.

I've discussed with Paul at Modern Driveline and John [BackinBlack} and with our clutch pedal, the travel/ratio is supposedly quite ideal compared to some other setups out there.

I'd love to see your Pedal set conversion however. 
As I've driven Foxbody's 87+ and also the SN chassis 2000-2001 GT with a 5 speed, I can say I loved the 2000's clutch feel. Granted it was a 4.6 GT with a hurst short throw shifter on a T45, and not my 351C/Toploader or the Tremec TR3550 combo.

Andrew
mean steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2019 at 4:28AM
The peddle that he designed is like how I originally started. Not a bad idea but it was the same thing for me, the headers. So everything started to get expensive. Not a fan of the snowball. Wss looking at hydraulic and decided the cable was the cheapest best way to go. Worked out great. 2000 mustang donor, paddle to throwout bering. I'm working on pictures (whole different story)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic