The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

just another new guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just another new guy
    Posted: 23-April-2019 at 6:30PM
Hello. My name is Steve. I first off, I don't own a computer, don't know how to email, have no social media stuff, I barely got registered on here. It took me 3 days to figure it out on my phone. So forgive me for my ignorance with this interweb stuff. I don't know what I'm doing.
I have a 72 Ranchero gt that I bought around 94. It came out of the factory a baby blue but had been bubba refurbished in a white when I bought it. 351C &FMX. Over the years its been fixed up and modestly modified.
Its had the body work done and re sprayed in a Lexus pearl white. Mild eng. Rebuild. Still got iron heads,nothing wild. Converted from FMX to 5speed. Switched to 73 spindles and 9in housing for the bigger bearings. 4 wheel disk brakes, Qa1 coilovers front and rear. 9in 3:55 Detroit locker. Full length headers x-pipe 2.5in. Few other things but that's basically it.
Let's see how long it takes me to figure out how to get a picture on here.
Its getting hard to find parts for these cars and I was looking to broaden my pool of enthusiasts. I'm a mechanic by trade so hopefully I will be of some use to the fokes on here.
Thanks for having me.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 7:55PM
welcome steve! sounds cool Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 9:15PM
I love pearl white. My new favorite. If my new to me car was still wearing it's original baby blue the plan was to squirt it in pearl.

If I can get a baby blue formal q code 72 for the right price, it is getting done in oearl. This is assuming it is solid enough to restore.

Lots of good folk here with knowledge you can't buy in a book for sure. Welcome aboard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 9:16PM
Can't wait to see the pics. We all love pics.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2019 at 11:43PM
Welcome to the forum Steve!  I have upgraded you to a new member so you will have full access to the site and will have the ability to upload photos now.  It sounds like you have a pretty nice Ranchero.  I'd be interested in hearing and seeing more detail on your coil over setup.

Here is some help on how to post photos:

Go to the third post down and it shows how to upload photos with a phone.  It's probably easiest just to put one photo per post.  Hopefully the tutorial will help you post some photos.  Let us know if you need more help.

Here is some basic information on those new to the site.  The second post down is probably the most relevant to you now, since you have already been upgraded to a new member.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
andrewok1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewok1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2019 at 2:06AM
welcome STEVE 
  PICTURES  when you can /ANDY
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!
mean steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2019 at 1:06PM
Thanks guys.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2019 at 1:23PM
Welcome!
(And get workin' on those pictures!)
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2019 at 5:51PM
Apparently this relationship will not include photos. Everything I try wont work and it keeps making log in each time it tells me no. No patience for tech. Sorry.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2019 at 6:00PM
 are you doing it from your phone? or a computer???   not sure why it's asking you to log in each time?????
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2019 at 1:24AM
If they are in your phone, text them to 781-953-103five and I will post them for you.
I spelled out the last digit to throw the spam bots off the trail.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-April-2019 at 2:09PM
Great, Now I have Monty Python stuck in my head.
Spam-Spam-Spam-Spammity-Spam....
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2019 at 3:25AM
Like I said, I'm a special kind of handicapped when it comes to this. I'm gonna get one of my kids or wife to help me out. I appreciate the try to help. I've surprised myself that I got this far on my own. Just got frustrated. Thanks again, I'll get it done.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2019 at 6:28AM
What kind of phone are you using?  My instructions are with an Android phone, so their may be some differences with an Apple phone.  Maybe I need to get someone with an Apple Phone to do some screen shots so I can include separate iPhone instructions.

You don't have any photos uploaded to a third part site like Photobucket or Picture trail or something?  If so that might be an easier way to get them posted here.
Vince

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mean steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2019 at 7:51AM
When I click on the little tree with arrow, a warning that I don't have access to that ability. Then asks me to log in again, says I'm good to go, click little tree, warning, login again ect. Vicious cycle.
Galaxy phone.
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2019 at 11:22AM
welcome mean steve!  
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2019 at 1:34PM
Welcome, Steve! I have an older Galaxy S4, and I cannot load pictures either. I have to default to my laptop.
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2019 at 6:27AM
Originally posted by mean steve mean steve wrote:

When I click on the little tree with arrow, a warning that I don't have access to that ability. Then asks me to log in again, says I'm good to go, click little tree, warning, login again ect. Vicious cycle.
Galaxy phone.

Have you tried clicking the option to remain signed in automatically?  Make sure you do this so you don't have to login each time. 

If that doesn't work, I am not sure what the issue is.  I tried again with my phone and it works fine.  Maybe John is correct with the older Galaxy's not working properly.  My wife has an old Galaxy.  I will try it out and see if it works. 

Otherwise, if you use photobucket or something like that, you don't have to upload the photos.  You can just post them here from photobucket.
Vince

GTS.org Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply