The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kinda new to forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harris72GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinda new to forum
    Posted: 01-March-2010 at 3:04PM
Glad to see other Torino enthusiasts. I drive a '72 light blue GTS. Tried to upload pictures but don't seem to know how to make them fit into parameter (max of 500kb). The images are too large, how do you adjust so they can be uploaded?

Don
'72 GTS fastback

'68 Cougar GT

'09 Challenger R/T
iangj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iangj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 3:24PM
Welcome aboard!
Use Photobucket. Easy easy easy!!!

Edited by iangj - 01-March-2010 at 3:24PM
Ian Glyn-Jones
Fonthill, Ontario, Canada
Wish I had My Baby Back

Montego GT Registry
Forum; http://mmgt.forumchitchat.com/
kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 5:58PM
Take a look at my messy attempt
1973 Q code sports roof
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2010 at 6:45PM
you can either resize them on your computer with a photo software program,I use either my Kodak program from my camara or HP Image zone from my HP printer,then you have to save the resized photos or just use photobucket and you can choose the size to upload them and host the pics from there which I use to put photos in my forum posts.
Harris72GTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harris72GTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2010 at 3:21PM
Thanks for the input. I will try photobucket.

Don
'72 GTS fastback

'68 Cougar GT

'09 Challenger R/T
Uante View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2010 at 1:33AM
Just about every photo viewing program has a resizing feature in it. Most XP computers have Microsoft Photo Editor installed on them or a similar free program. Just open a picture and either click help and search resizing or run thru the menus yourself.
When you're in there making the change, if there's an option to change measurements, switch from inches to pixels and resize to something like 4oo x 6oo. I usually make my longer dimension 500 pixels. Doesn't have to be exactly that...just in that ball park.
I think it's interesting how many people on these forums work on these old cars and either can't load pictures or don't understand how to resize them...It's just like the cars, Gotta Monkey with it a bit! LOL
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Standard Van
- Brent *USAF RET*
 Post Reply Post Reply