The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Land Rover Series 1 resurrection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2017 at 7:16AM
Set static timing, install flywheel and clutch, engine won't start....must be electrical, add extra earths and rebuild starter motor, nope. Use bigger battery, nope....but I just rebuilt it and turned it over to set timing before putting the clutch on.....Check to see if it turns, does it f*ck.

Did I remember to take out the old dowel pegs for the 10.5" clutch when the bellhousing only takes a 9.5" clutch?

No, you f**king sh*t gibbon. 😖

Barnaby

429 powered 73 Stripper.....no comfort, just noise!
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2017 at 5:51AM
Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2017 at 6:06AM
Lets try a link that works....

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2017 at 9:25AM
Footwell butchered, clutch pedal temporarily fitted, custom length prop bolted in and downpipes fitted to the manifolds.....little bit of brake bleeding and re fabricating the footwell tomorrow and it'll be ready to go!

Barnaby

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2017 at 5:08PM
nice!
wow i forgot how old that rig is...it's got the brake master on the frame?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2017 at 7:36AM
Pretty productive day today! Bled the clutch up fully, sorted out the engine mounts and got a first test drive in...back of the house to the front, but the point is it drives!!

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2017 at 7:38AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

nice!
wow i forgot how old that rig is...it's got the brake master on the frame?

Yeah its mounted underneath the driver so the brake pedal rides on a pivot then actuates it with a linkage.....proper old fashioned set up! But it works, clutch was mechanical again through the frame, I might shove the matching brake pedal in though 
Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2017 at 8:22AM
Not much today....but I rebuilt the tow hitches, filled the boxes with oil and made a suitably agricultural looking bumper for it, just need to dress a few welds back and paint it black

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2017 at 9:25AM
Battery box made up, seatbox riveted together, seat and handbrake fitted....might take it for a drive through town tomorrow! Once I've fitted the rev limiter of course....cant drive without flat shifting

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2017 at 7:33AM
Rev limit set at 2k for a test run, this is going to be fun when it hits 4800 with twin side pipes! Flat shifting = fireballs!!

Got the passenger seat in, seat box mostly complete and the floor bolted in.....just need to sort the alternator out and finish boxing in one of the engine mounts

Barnaby

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2017 at 8:01AM
Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2017 at 1:14PM
Looking good!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
twintornados View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twintornados Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2017 at 10:25AM
Just can't beat that good ole V8 sound....
1974 Gran Torino Elite...gotta love them big Fords...
Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2017 at 9:33AM
Well the old rotten soft top has been removed now......as you can see it was f**ked. Just disintegrated when I pulled it off the windscreen shark tooth rail

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2017 at 9:46AM
Its not quite a 1950's dash but I now have working switches, can tell how fast I'm going and know the engine temp.....my to do list has become very short, just need to sort out the alternator, fit the trans tunnel and fan and thats it.

Once done I can drive it into town and get the exhaust made up and some stainless coolant pipes bent to replace the temporary rubber ones

Barnaby

Nuggets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuggets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2017 at 10:23AM
Big day today! Put the doors back on to hide the fact I'm missing the transmission tunnel, made an alternator tensioner bracket, remade the passenger side engine mount, drove it to the petrol station, filled her up and now I'm ready to take it into town and get the exhaust fitted, brakes bled by someone who knows how these stupid TLS fronts work and install the stainless pipes for the radiator.

Barnaby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic