The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Major Redmond" / lynchster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Major Redmond" / lynchster
    Posted: 13-October-2010 at 5:17PM

Edited by lynchster - 08-June-2016 at 4:05PM
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2010 at 12:54AM
great work, i want to take off the frame too, hope i will do a work as nice as you're doing
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2011 at 12:42PM
I finally got the trunk floor finished and if all goes well the body goes back on the frame in the 2-3 weeks. I almost forgot to paint the bottom of the front body mounts.
Chuck
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2011 at 11:38AM
Beautiful, man.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2011 at 2:16PM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Beautiful, man.
X2
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
ghosttrain2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghosttrain2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2011 at 4:39AM
Originally posted by mule323 mule323 wrote:

Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Beautiful, man.
X2
X3!
1977 LTD, 2 door
1972 N code Ranchero, Project
1972 Torino formal roof
1970 Torino 500, Project
1974 Cougar parts car
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2011 at 6:19PM
I appreciate the complements guys.  
The frame is finally back on all fours (whew), and I got the new body mounts situated on the frame. I knew I held onto that spare axle housing for a reason.
Looks like tomorrow I'll take the brakeline kit over to the garage so I can run the main fuel and brake lines (the wife is going to love getting that box out of the house). Paint the rear cross brace and it's go time. I could probably rush it for next weekend but after four years I think I might take the extra week to dot the I's and cross the T's.
Chuck
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
mule323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mule323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2011 at 10:49AM
Very impressive. You're doing the right thing. No need to rush it now.
             (Steve)
73 G.T.S. Fastback, 351C, C6
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2011 at 8:03AM
looking good and your smart not to rush and try and make the show cause that leaves not time for trial and errors and checking and testing everything out is important
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 9:36AM
Now we're getting somewhere.

Edited by lynchster - 24-September-2011 at 9:37AM
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 9:41AM
progress, progress Smile
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 9:45AM
4 years, 24 days and a boat load of interruptions later and she is finally off the pylons. I feel like I just lost twenty pounds. Shame I had to use the spare rear.

Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
crispy23c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispy23c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2011 at 2:20PM
Impressive!  Time well spent, I say!!!
Been working on mine 3 years this Thanksgiving, so I know how you feel!  
Nice job!!!
~Chris
Chris P. '73 GTS FastBack 351CJ-4V Triple black

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2011 at 6:16PM
I just now hit the 6 month month myself
ZC
2011 GMC Sierra Z71
73 Gran Torino H code (H is for HOTROD !!)
72 F code 4-Door
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2011 at 2:12AM
Ha! Mine has been parked since the mid-80's awaiting me to fix it back up. Your project is flying by, LOL.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2011 at 3:16PM
I had decided 4 years ago to order a set of 68-72 Chevelle bushings from Year One before I even tore the body off. I decided on rubber vs polyurethane strictly for ride consideration.
This is what you get in the box. The six in the middle are what you need. The diameter of the four on the left is too small. The size and diameter of the four on the right matches the body mounts but are unfinished.      
Would have been nice if these were finished as the others were. As luck would have it I had no drill bit large enough. However......

A sleeve from one of the original bushings and a vice can get you started in the right direction. The rubber gives quite a bit so I had to do a bit of trimming with a razor knife set. Very hazardous, I almost got myself once. There was a reason behind using the original sleeve.

The lack of a taper helped to punch a hole through the four mounts I wanted to use. I also took note that the sleeve for the Year one mount is shorter so I took some depth measurements. Basically I jambed a piece of stick welding wire in the holes where the bolts go through. Turns out there is more than enough room. The only place it might be tight is at the trunk area but I'm figuring to have at least 3/8" clearance. I should know if I'm right this weekend.

They look better in person. I don't usually use the phone camera but I left the real one at home.     

Edited by lynchster - 21-October-2011 at 3:16PM
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2011 at 11:13AM
NICE!

Mike
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2011 at 1:37PM
I was a bit concerned about metal to metal contact so I hit Home Depot and found some 2" neoprene washers to sit on top the body mount sleeves. Tomorrow I should have it bolted down until the next restoration. lol  
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2012 at 9:46AM
Decided to burn an early week of vacation this year and get some cold weather progress started. So far I just managed to spend money on parts for the rear brakes and other odds and ends to get the real rear back under it.  
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
ZCowher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZCowher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2012 at 1:11PM
I. Feel ya. Two inches of snow today and I was under a car pulling a starter.
ZC
2011 GMC Sierra Z71
73 Gran Torino H code (H is for HOTROD !!)
72 F code 4-Door
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic