The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 72 Ranchero GT driver/project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2016 at 6:43PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

keep in mind that the torino dash isn't straight (by the radio area)

Hmmm, I did not know that. Not good for my plans. Ouch
I am probably going to have to cut the console down so it fits more under the dash then. If I use this one. I suppose it is really too wide anyway.
I hate when reality comes up to bite me.

thanks,
Russ
russosborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2016 at 6:47PM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Good luck with your surgery!

Thanks, Joe.

Waiting to hear back from the insurance on if they approve it. Surgeon says to expect them to deny it at first. He expects it to be approved in time for Christmas.
My wife spent last Christmas in the hospital, looks like it will be my turn this year. I don't mind my being there then actually. Good excuse for missing out on the whole thing.

Russ
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2016 at 12:11AM
Originally posted by russosborne russosborne wrote:

Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Good luck with your surgery!

Thanks, Joe.

Waiting to hear back from the insurance on if they approve it. Surgeon says to expect them to deny it at first. He expects it to be approved in time for Christmas.
My wife spent last Christmas in the hospital, looks like it will be my turn this year. I don't mind my being there then actually. Good excuse for missing out on the whole thing.

Russ
I've got relatives that make me feel that way too...LOL
(Of course, my wife will see this and know which ones I'm talking about...Ouch)
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2017 at 8:06PM
Holy cow! I thought that I'd updated this.Embarrassed
I could swear I did in fact, but unless the posts disappeared I guess I am wrong.

Anyway, surgery went ok I guess. I'm still alive, for good or bad anyway.
Been working a new job for about 5 weeks, not a great job, but they work hard on keeping people there as they have a lot of turnover. Schedule is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6am to 6:30 pm. $12 an hour.

So on to why I am posting here.

Slowly getting ready to get back into the Ranchero. I bought a replacement set of poly front control arm bushings as I am not sure where the others ended up. Going to just take them (when they get here) and the arms to a shop and have them installed, as my attempt to do that didn't go well. That way I can start to reassemble the front end without the excuse of not having the bushings done. The way the weather is here (Phoenix AZ) it might be a while, unless I get motivated to get up early on my off days and go out and do a bit before it gets too hot. I am really a second shift type person, so on my off days I tend to fall into that schedule. For example, on a work night I'd be in bed 4 hours ago, it is just after midnight here as I type.

Thanks,
Russ
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-July-2017 at 4:08AM
that's good news russ Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2017 at 6:14PM

I hate this laptop, I just lost the whole post I just typed.

Short version.
Just bought this today. Hope it is good enough to do the upper bushings. Lowers would be good, too.
https://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-648604-Control-Bushing-Chrysler/dp/B0028QGT90/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1467427567&sr=1-2&keywords=control+arm+bushing+tool

Man, I really do have CRS disease. I had totally forgotten about buying this tool. I was getting ready to ask about pressing on the control arm bushings (poly) by hand, but I've been rereading this thread and this popped up.

At this point I am thinking about getting the front end together and just mickey mouseing the floor pans. At least get the car so it is on all four tires (still need the two fronts replaced) so it can be moved around easily. I need to really focus on getting just one thing done at a time, instead of bouncing around and having 5 things partially done.

Not working again, can't remember if I mentioned the latest fiasco. Got a job that wasn't horrible, but they decided to shut down production on the shift I was on. No chance of being moved to another shift doing that job, and I had already found out that I couldn't do the job that I might have been able to get moved to. Been about a month now, not having any good luck at all. One interview two weeks ago, got turned down for that one last week.

Thanks,
Russ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2017 at 6:41PM
My health is not doing as good as it should be. I am going to get yelled at tomorrow by my cardiologist. I haven't worked out in about 3 months, gaining weight, feeling like doodoo. I think I've mentioned before depression sucks. Unhappy

I have to go see her and also do some other stuff tomorrow, but going to try to at least find that bushing tool and gather up the arms and parts. See what I can salvage from the Purple Pond bin as far as hardware goes.

Turned 58 this past weekend. Bleah. Dead

Thanks,
Russ
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2017 at 2:09AM

My health is not doing as good as it should be. I am going to get yelled at tomorrow by my cardiologist. I haven't worked out in about 3 months, gaining weight, feeling like doodoo. I think I've mentioned before depression sucks. Unhappy

I have to go see her and also do some other stuff tomorrow, but going to try to at least find that bushing tool and gather up the arms and parts. See what I can salvage from the Purple Pond bin as far as hardware goes.

Turned 58 this past weekend. Bleah. Dead

Thanks,
Russ

I hear ya man, tore both shoulders up and my back in a year and a halfs time startin at 39. 44 now and had packed on about 50 lbs since the injuries all started due to inactivity from pain. Last 2 months I have dropped a little over 40 lbs, back still hurts like hell with any sort of activity but I hope if I drop an other 20 or so, that it may help it eventually. Sort of a last ditch effort since as of right now there are no medical options to fix my back up. Try to find somethin you naturally enjoy that is any sort of exercise and throw yourself into it. I eat out of boredom and stress, so just tryin to keep my mind off the things that stress me out. I spend a LOT of time online readin on these cars, engines, suspensions etc to try and take my mind off things. I follow a military like regiment of when (every 2 hours) and what I eat (probably between 900-1100 calories a day), have only drank water (and LOTS of it) since I started this.  I can't really do much in the way of exercise due to the back, so this weight loss is all from restrictin what I eat. Even though the weight loss hasn't helped my back out yet, the weight drop does pick my spirits up a bit and gives me some sort of control over my life right now which is really out of the norm for my formerly very active/physical lifestyle. Wish you the best man, its no fun to be in a rut. any way I can help, feel free to drop me a pm.
Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2017 at 9:22PM
Well, some good news, although not directly related to the Ranchero. YET. Wink

Another new job. This one is as an Electronic Technician, which is what I have done most of my adult life and I am pretty good at it. Temp job for now, but good chance of getting hired on. Based on my work and their needs. I am confident my work will be better than average. I am not worried about getting let go for my work. Other things out of my control worry me. I was in training last week, start today on my regular shift. Still stuff to learn, mainly paperwork/time keeping, but the actual job isn't that hard. Good pay too, so good that I am thinking about how to spend the money. Embarrassed Plus right now lots of overtime available. I'll be working Sun thru Thurs 2pm to 10:30. These are my preferred hours, more or less. Anything that lets me sleep until noon is good. It's psychological, but I feel more rested if I sleep the same hours but go to bed later and then get up later. Very large avionics company in Phoenix (not based here though) that isn't called Honeywell, and they (we?) just purchased Rockwell Collins.

There's so much on our need to get list that has to come before the Ranchero, but at least I can start planning a bit. The 89 Mustang needs to come first so we have 2 cars available assuming it passes emissions testing. Goal for that is the middle of next month. Our Subaru needs tires, that's a big chunk of money as well. Plus some other things we have been ignoring since I wasn't working. But we should be back to normal in a month if not less. Barring anything happening.

I'm wanting to put up a Wanted post, but should wait until I have the cash in hand.

Thanks,
Russ
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2017 at 5:14AM
Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russosborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 44 minutes ago at 6:12PM
Well, got tires on the Subaru and new (to me anyway) rims and tires for the Mustang. Although those aren't on yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Been doing some buying for the Ranchero. Ordered the Moog 80090 front coil springs. I had to get them thru Pepboys, so quite a bit more expensive than Rock Auto, but Rock Auto doesn't take the Pepboys credit card. Neither does Pepboys if you are using their website. I had to go into a store to do it. They'll be here in about a week, I have to pick them up in store. Their website really blows chunks in my opinion. Very hard to find stuff.

So I need to start getting serious about getting the Ranchero together again. I'd like to have it on all fours by Christmas at the latest. I'll need to be able to move it around to work on the floors. Honestly I'd like to put it on a rotissorie but that isn't happening.

Thanks,
Russ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic