The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Montego GT resurrection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2016 at 12:51AM
Awesome ride and awesome color!
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2016 at 2:02AM
Looking great
JT, USAF Ret.
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
1986 Chevy Silverado "Sally"
2013 Chevy Silverado "Blackie"
2014 GMC Sierra
2006 Victory Hammer "Big Red"
yellowsportwagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2016 at 3:13PM
A little more on the color.I was looking for a color that would be a modern version of the original color. But every color I found was either too dark or too blue and didn't look good to the green interior. So I made my own color and sprayed some test panels until I had one I liked. Funny thing is when I mixed the color to do the car I accidentally doubled the zirillac pearls in it. When I sprayed the doors they looked fine to me because I didn't have my original spray out with me. When I held the spray out next to the door I realized something was wrong. The doors were lighter then the card,but they looked better than the spray out so that's the way it stayed.

Tim
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2016 at 5:16PM
Ok. I'm in Montana on a business trip. It might be a couple of weeks before I can get up there. I'll let you know.
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2016 at 5:47PM
tim it's great i wouldn't change it for anything! a guy i know has a 71 GT fast back torino that is candy green that looks similar, that car wins at every show, i've tried to get him to join up here!

jeff: since you are close... are you going to stop by???Big smileWinkLOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2016 at 4:19PM
Thanks Jeff.Sooo my vinyl top came in Fri. Not only is it cut wrong but I hate the way it looks color wise. So l guess I will be filling molding holes and going without a vinyl. I think it will look better without it.The cars color looks so cool it is senseless to cover it up on the roof.Pictures tomorrow.
Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2016 at 4:43PM
ClapThumbs Up just say no to vinyl! Dead
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2016 at 2:32AM
I agree.  I say leave off the vinyl top.

I haven't had a chance to visit Dad's yet.  It's been pretty hectic.  I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance.
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2016 at 4:20AM
Yeah jeff,you didn't visit me yet either, hell I didn't do sh*t this weekend
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2016 at 4:36AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Yeah jeff,you didn't visit me yet either, hell I didn't do sh*t this weekend

Wish I coulda.  I did have enough free time to explore Yellowstone for a day.  Otherwise, I was working 12 - 16 hour days while in Bozeman.  Confused  At least I got to enjoy the beautiful mountain views.
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2016 at 12:14AM
Originally posted by n2fordwagons n2fordwagons wrote:

I agree.  I say leave off the vinyl top.

I haven't had a chance to visit Dad's yet.  It's been pretty hectic.  I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance.

No hurry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2016 at 1:44AM
I was able to make it to Dad's yesterday.  I still have the light brown, burgundy, and gold.  The light brown and burgundy both have their pros and cons.  I've taken some detailed pics, so you can see all the dings and dents.  It might be easier to send them to an Email address. 
Jeff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 4:43PM
finally posting some progress pictures.Hood is ready for paint. Disassembly of front sheetmetal is in progress. I have always worked on GM a bodies this is my first Ford restoration. Holy crap is there a ton of bolts on this thing. I could gut an a body in half the time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 4:46PM
Hood stripped and dents repaired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 4:47PM
Hood in prime

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 4:48PM
Just a cool picture I took last fall

Edited by yellowsportwagon - 26-March-2017 at 4:51PM
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 5:15PM
lookin sharp
Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-March-2017 at 6:07PM
nice! yeah i too am familiar with a lot of the 70's gm cars, i know when i disassembled my car i couldn't believe all the bolts and screws and pieces to get it all apart!!!Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-March-2017 at 1:13AM
Man, that looks great....and that color!
Matt

1972 Montego MX
1973 Gran Torino Sportsroof
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
2003 F-150 5.4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2017 at 1:01PM
A little more progress on this thing fenders bodywork do and primed. Headlight mount panel redone. Pictures coming.

Edited by yellowsportwagon - 12-April-2017 at 1:04PM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic