The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Montego GT resurrection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2017 at 5:10PM
Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
RAPTOR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAPTOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2017 at 8:54AM
Car is looking great . Its not 4B Green LOL .  but its a Hell of a Green !
1972 Torino Sport 4Spd Q 351c
2010 Ford SVT Raptor
2003 H2 Hummer
1977 CB 750 Cafe Racer
yellowsportwagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 3:59PM
finally posting pics. Frt end painted and put back together for summer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 4:01PM

A couple more pictures.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 4:04PM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 4:07PM
Been working on brakes and other little stuff also. Still looking for a left front wheel opening molding.
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 5:59PM
damn that green is awesome tim !! Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 6:08PM
I guess when I screwed the mix up l screwed it up real good😳
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2017 at 6:15PM
Thumbs Up yep i've done some cool paint stuff by mistake too LOL Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 12:33AM
Beautiful!
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 12:55AM
So are you still gonna call your new paint color IRA Green? What's wrong with that molding you have? Looks pretty straight.
Matt

1972 Montego MX
1973 Gran Torino Sportsroof
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
2003 F-150 5.4
fordismyboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 4:12AM
Wow. That color is very special. I bet you'll get a lot of "was that a factory color" questions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 7:55AM
Originally posted by changinlatitudes changinlatitudes wrote:

So are you still gonna call your new paint color IRA Green? What's wrong with that molding you have? Looks pretty straight.

I think IRA it is Matt. It's hard to see in the pictures but that molding is really screwed up just past halfway around the wheelwells. It irritates the crap out of me.
Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 7:56AM
Originally posted by fordismyboss fordismyboss wrote:

Wow. That color is very special. I bet you'll get a lot of "was that a factory color" questions.

Normally the comment I get is" I usually don't like greens but I love that one."
M Casey Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 9:36AM
Originally posted by yellowsportwagon yellowsportwagon wrote:

A little more on the color.I was looking for a color that would be a modern version of the original color. But every color I found was either too dark or too blue and didn't look good to the green interior. So I made my own color and sprayed some test panels until I had one I liked. Funny thing is when I mixed the color to do the car I accidentally doubled the zirillac pearls in it. When I sprayed the doors they looked fine to me because I didn't have my original spray out with me. When I held the spray out next to the door I realized something was wrong. The doors were lighter then the card,but they looked better than the spray out so that's the way it stayed.

Tim

Thats the same thing I wanted to do, a modern version of the factory color, Mine has pearl in the clear and large metallic flakes in the base. I absolutely love the way it changes colors as the light hits it at different angles. I have a video link posted on my project page of me walking down the side of it showing off the metal flakes.
https://www.facebook.com/1PopaBear/videos/10206649325350385/
Would love to see a walk around video of yours too!

Edited by M Casey Stock - 26-June-2017 at 10:03AM
1975 Gran Torino, Copperhead

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060
legend onirot View Drop Down
METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 10:58AM
your car is quite breathtaking.  very beautiful
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2017 at 4:39PM
Originally posted by M Casey Stock M Casey Stock wrote:

A little more on the color.I was looking for a color that would be a modern version of the original color. But every color I found was either too dark or too blue and didn't look good to the green interior. So I made my own color and sprayed some test panels until I had one I liked. Funny thing is when I mixed the color to do the car I accidentally doubled the zirillac pearls in it. When I sprayed the doors they looked fine to me because I didn't have my original spray out with me. When I held the spray out next to the door I realized something was wrong. The doors were lighter then the card,but they looked better than the spray out so that's the way it stayed
Tim

Thats the same thing I wanted to do, a modern version of the factory color, Mine has pearl in the clear and large metallic flakes in the base. I absolutely love the way it changes colors as the light hits it at different angles. I have a video link posted on my project page of me walking down the side of it showing off the metal flakes.
https://www.facebook.com/1PopaBear/videos/10206649325350385/
Would love to see a walk around video of yours too!

That's a good idea. Mine looks different in every kind of light. Everyone who sees the car loves the color.

M Casey Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2017 at 5:48AM

That's a good idea. Mine looks different in every kind of light. Everyone who sees the car loves the color.

Yeah, mine too.
1975 Gran Torino, Copperhead

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060
mtburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2017 at 7:14AM
Really sharp.

I like it a bunch.

I had all those moldings at one point. I only have doubles on the lower ones now.

You might look into sending it to one of the molding / stainless repair guys.

There are a couple members here that have had excellent results with at least two different sources I believe.

Mike H.

Don V. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2017 at 2:26AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

tim, tell us about the paint... i love it Big smileThumbs Up

X2

The ultimate color, British Racing Green or as Ford called it, Highland Green.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic