The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member! Greetings from Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2019 at 4:37PM
Well, after 107 days of training I have returned to Michigan. Just in time for the snow it seems! Now a proud member of the Infantry :). Parents surprised me and had carburetor rebuilt + transmission looked at on the Elite- woohoo! It's in storage for the winter now, anyone have any tips for storing a car for a longish period of time? 

Hope everyones lives have been going well, absolutely can not wait to be able to work on/drive my Elite again once the Michigan winter has had it's day Smile.
Conner Van Hine
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2019 at 1:45AM
Congratulations on your completing your training, I'm sure it feels good to be home.  The only thing I would do on the storage aspect is to possibly put dryer sheets in the car, trunk, and engine compartment area to discourage pests from taking up residence, not sure how secure your storage area is.  Also possibly pull the battery and keep it on a battery maintainer      -   Dave
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
Steve M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2019 at 2:11AM
Congratulations and welcome home. If it hasn't been done, add some stabilizer to the fuel. Coming from the north, I know what the winter can do to the roads and what the salt will do to your car. Wait until all the snow and salt has been washed away. Then enjoy your car.
Steve M.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic