The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtdiercks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 11-February-2020 at 1:47PM
Just purchased a 73 Gran Torino sport a couple weeks ago. Looking for a hood and some chrome wheel well moldings and rocker moldings along with a few other parts. Going to try and stay original as possible. Has the original 351-4v cobra jet with a 4 speed and bucket seats. Came from California. Have a couple rust issues like the hood and rust along in bottom of the trunk where the trunk seal fits into. Other than that very solid car with lot of original paint left on the inside 
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 1:54PM
Welcome aboard! I just upgraded you to a full member, so you have full site privileges. Post some pics of your 73 when you have a chance. It sounds like a great car.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Jtdiercks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtdiercks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 2:54PM
Here is a few pictures of the car 

californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 3:36PM
welcome!
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 5:40PM
Nice score. The hardest parts to find will be the wheel mouldings. Hens teeth.
Jtdiercks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtdiercks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 11:13PM
I’m finding out they are really hard to find!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 11:37PM
It looks like a great project car. Keep us posted on the progress.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Jtdiercks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtdiercks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 11:54PM
Jtdiercks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtdiercks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 11:56PM
can’t seem to get them to post the right way! But here is what’s done so far interior is getting removed. I’ll continue to post updates 
Anderslober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderslober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2020 at 12:40AM
Wow!...awesome....this was the car I waited 2 months for a title for! When the seller finally got the title, I had already bought another 72 GTS. Anyway congrats....I think it will be a nice project. Keep us posted.
hogfiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hogfiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2020 at 12:59AM
nice score. That’s in better condition than my ‘73 GTS fastback Q-code was when I got mine.  I have lots of parts, too, so things are available. Others here have lots of parts too.

Dfox
1973 Gran Torino Sport - Q code “Q-Clone” project-on-hold
1972 Gran Torino Sport - Q code new project
1972 Gran Torino - parts
1969 Torino GT - M code
95+/- mid-80's Yamaha XJ-Series (10 trophies)
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2020 at 11:59PM
Welcome, and nice find. It always nice to see another 73 Q code CJ 4 speed car show up on here!
JT, USAF Ret./Architect
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1971 Cougar XR7 "Kitty"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
2009 Smart Fortwo Cabrio "Lil Dude"
2015 Volvo XC60 R-Design "Sven"
RandyF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2020 at 8:07AM
Has anyone ever tried other makes wheel lip moldings to see if they can fit the 72-76 Torino's? I ran into this with my 67 and 68 Cougars that aren't reproduced and found 71-73 Mustang lips are very close, and with only a little hand tweaking of the molding they fit very acceptably. I have to believe there is something out there that will work here. Similarly, has anyone found a substitute for rear outer wheelhouse for 72-76?

Randy
Randy
 Post Reply Post Reply