The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > The Welcome Mat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New returning member

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaezius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New returning member
    Posted: 22-August-2020 at 6:42AM
My old login information didn't work so I had to create a new one. I have been a long time lurker on this forum, trying to get info for a 429 swap into my 72 sport formal roof that I hope to be doing soon.
Looking forward to gain some knowledge from you guys, and showing some pics of the progress. Thanks!
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2020 at 11:26AM
Welcome back to the forum.  Motor mounts are the tough part for a Big Block swap.  Crites makes some, but they are not the same fitment as OEM.  Finding OEM mounts is tough, although don't forget to check T-Birds and the Lincoln Marks as they used a longer Torino frame.  

Post something in the Big Block forum and you might get more responses.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2020 at 7:34PM
welcome back! yeah i'm thinking same era lincolns should be pretty much the same?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Xaezius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaezius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2020 at 6:51AM
Thanks guys! I've been digging through the big block section and kind of know what to look for. The 429 I got came off LTD I believe, but the guy kind of hacked the old mounts up when he had it in a Cyclone. I do have the plates that bolt to the block, but not the correct insulators. 

I have access to a '73 Ranchero with a 351M in it. Wondering if the part that mounts to the frame would bolt to the block plates I have?
I'll post that question in the big block section as well if no one answers here.
dan0R30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan0R30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2020 at 1:32PM
Welcome and hello!
Dan

1970 Ford Torino hardtop - 351C 4V - FMX - 9" 3.89 TrueTrac
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2020 at 11:30AM
Welcome and Hello!
429/460 mounts have nothing in common with 351M/400 mounts or smallblock mounts.

"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
 Post Reply Post Reply