The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Classified Section > eBay & Craigslist Listings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOS Ford large chrome air cleaner lid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOS Ford large chrome air cleaner lid
    Posted: 26-August-2018 at 12:13PM
not an exact match to the original style on the 351cj and other large air cleaner fords of that era 400-429-460 but does fit and a lot cheaper then gettin one re-chromed. I made him a offer of $65 which he took, so thats pretty cheap in my book for one of these. Meant for the 5.0 ho dual snorkel air cleaner but does fit our cars.  Get em while they last.

Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
fordnmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordnmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 1:06PM
David
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 1:26PM

" ... will fit Ford Mustangs with 305 cubic inch high-performance engines ...
72 GT Ute

MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 3:37PM

well sh*t the bed fred, don't know how i missed that one. good find man Clap

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 3:42PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

not an exact match to the original style on ....

" ... will fit Ford Mustangs with 305 cubic inch high-performance engines ...

yea i saw that lol

fordnmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordnmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 4:43PM
A lot of sellers will list something for one application, while not realizing that it may be correct for others as well.

It's always so much nicer when a seller is also a knowledgeable owner....
David
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 5:12PM
Originally posted by fordnmerc fordnmerc wrote:

A lot of sellers will list something for one application, while not realizing that it may be correct for others as well.

It's always so much nicer when a seller is also a knowledgeable owner....

I asked him what the diameter is and if he had other pics, hard to see how those contours really go. if its the 18' and the contours aren't all funky, that would eb the way to go for someone wit ha crusty cj lid that isn't worried about 100% original.

gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2018 at 5:48AM
This is the same one I purchased for my wagon. It fits my 400 like a glove.

NOTE: I should have clarified I was referring to the first one posted:

Edited by gpd294 - 27-August-2018 at 6:34AM
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2018 at 6:29AM

Seller says the diameter of this lid is 14-1/4", so not the same size as the larger 351 cj/400/429/460 air cleaner lid.

fordnmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fordnmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2018 at 10:40AM
Originally posted by MrSmog MrSmog wrote:

Originally posted by fordnmerc fordnmerc wrote:

How about one of these:

Seller says the diameter of this lid is 14-1/4", so not the same size as the larger 351 cj/400/429/460 air cleaner lid.

Then he needs to revise his listing quite a lot, because there is no way that will fit the 71-73 Mustang CJ cars. Here's a pic of a 73 Mustang Q-code CJ engine:

David
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic