The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official GTS.org 2011 Show Photo's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2011 at 2:35PM
Originally posted by albo74 albo74 wrote:

Not to take away from the gts , but really nice line of talladegas, anyone get a good shot of the unrestored, one?  The corsa corvaair, boxer ,  did anyone notice,  should of had four carbs , it did . didn't it ?

yes it did,  i may even have a pic of it have to look
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2011 at 2:28AM
 Thanks , I remember one of thoses fly by me , when I finally caught up I had to look, thought they were all like grannies , Not So . Really nice bunch of cars,  the talladega ,now I see,  just a roller ?  or the guy has all the inards and its a work in progress , hopefully.
albos73gts
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2011 at 8:12AM
i didnt end up with a a pic of the corvaair.     that Talladega  was a fresh barn find if my memory serves me right.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2011 at 9:33AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

this one?  if i remember correctly, someone talked to the guy and he said it was, in fact, a barn find.  he was beginning the restoration, pulled the engine and transmission and someone broke into his shop and stole them along with a bunch of equipment... so he decided to keep it how it was.
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
legend onirot View Drop Down

METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2011 at 9:40AM
is this the corvair?   the sign says its a "stinger"... but it looks like a corvair to me.  from my limited knowledge...  the only time i remember seeing one was when i watched ralph naders "unsafe at any speed"  in high school
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2011 at 10:59AM
 That's the thing about cars shows , if u just look, some times it a little ho hum, but you talk with the guys Then it becomes really intresting, I 'D have a lot of ?s , Ouch on the talladega , (sounds like a inside job) , reminds me of a 442 goes to shows with the pictures of a road rage event, sick. and that corvair,(my  grammie did have one ),  but that one ,  10f 3 ? the one I saw was a plain jane , hurst wheels though ,  Yenko was into everthing chevy I guess. Ralph was a twit, Thanks for all the goverment safty standards , the industry never would get around to it without him. Anyway like we all Know most of us, and them,  have a connection to our  car, beyond $

Edited by albo74 - 18-September-2011 at 11:09AM
albos73gts
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2011 at 2:18PM
They posted some pics here but it is just Paul and Steves car.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
madmaxtorino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Zombie Killing Training Instructor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2011 at 3:25PM
Allan
Revelation 6:8
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2011 at 2:43PM
Alan-
Something screams out blood red pin stripping..

Are you running wheel spacers? I do like those wheels.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2011 at 3:20PM
these wheels were ebay specials and could not get backspace needed so i run one inch spacers. planning on a custom wheel later. spacers are scary!
Allan
Eliteman76 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2011 at 3:23PM
See, this is the issue I was at with my set of 17" Eagle Alloys I had on my '76 Elite. Looked good, but the spacers spooked me.

Andrew:GTS.ORG admin, '72 Q code 5 speed Restomod
Pondering: #99Problems
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmaxtorino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2011 at 3:33PM
schott or raceline wheels will build a set with any backspace ill have some when i find some extra money!
Allan
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2012 at 3:06PM
wow just caught up on this picture thread. looked like a great show and a great time!   thanks for all the great pictures!
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

Starsky74Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starsky74Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 7:09AM
Oh boy theres some lovely cars there, cant wait to see what comes to the show in Bristol this summer..
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2012 at 1:05PM
I myself can't wait for Bristol. The car will look the same but run a quite a bit different. Gonna take that drag trophy.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234