The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official Photo's of Car's you Scrapped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 9:30AM
ilyes,   ill give you scrap value for everything that is left,  i will take it all with out any paper work.  wont even blink,   seriously think about it before you cut it up,   offer only stands if the car is whole.  as it is right now with out anything ore cut off or sold off.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 9:59AM
Ilyes, if you do sell that to Kevin, I may have something new here at the house that you can use to catch your dream. Hint...they built one on the Speed channel in time for the David Pearson anniversary...

There is another forum member that has first right of refusal on it, and I will give him all the time he needs to decide, but if he says no, then you can have 2nd shot. It has a clear TN title and I know the previous owner.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 12:36PM
I won't cut it. If I wanted too, I would sell every parts of it and would end up making money on the car, but I won't.

I'm gonna get a part car and use whatever I need from it. If someone needs a part car, we can buy it for the 2 of us. I'll do my best to save this car, rust isn't really an issue for me, I'm not building a show car.

Btw Jeff, I just got a garage, you won't be able to touch the car, it will be locked Wink
I'll let you seat in it tho, when it's finished
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 2:55PM
I have scrapped only one car already but it was not a Torino. Gonna scrap a few more cars soon, still no Torinos fortunately.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1971 Maverick 2 Door
1994 Mark VIII
Retired 60s NHRA Anglia
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 3:18PM
I scrapped my wagon to appease my wife but much of it lives on in my sedan, gpd294's wagon, and the steering column is dirt track racing.

I got a lot more trim and bits off after this pic from 12/09. Scrapped 4/10 for $100. Had I waited a few months it would have fetched double. Got $150 for a much lighter Cutlass Ciera in late 2010.

Edited by occupant - 31-January-2012 at 3:19PM
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 4:16PM
A '76, I scraped for the tilt colum & power window system. Weird finding those two options on a basic Ranchero 500. The tilt colum was used in my '74 GT everyday driver, 'till I scraped it. The colum &  power window set up will hopefully soon find a perminent home in my '73.
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2012 at 4:20PM
The '74 GT I bought for a D.D.. I paid $1100 for it in 1982, drove it for 10 yrs. 'till the rust took it over.
GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:27AM
Does it matter if it's a Torino or not?
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1971 Maverick 2 Door
1994 Mark VIII
Retired 60s NHRA Anglia
legend onirot View Drop Down
METAL GOD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend onirot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 11:40AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

Ilyes, if you do sell that to Kevin, I may have something new here at the house that you can use to catch your dream. Hint...they built one on the Speed channel in time for the David Pearson anniversary...

There is another forum member that has first right of refusal on it, and I will give him all the time he needs to decide, but if he says no, then you can have 2nd shot. It has a clear TN title and I know the previous owner.

i saw that episode last night.  i was mesmerized because the frame looks exactly like the torino's (obviously).  it was all too familiar...
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 3:01PM
1971 Halo roof or springtime special.  No motor or trans, was a 351c 2v car.  paid $50 for it AND the guy hauled it to my house!
had this car been parkd indoors or coverd with a tarp when it was parked, it would have been EASILY savable.  as it was, the cowl was absolute toast and the front floor pans correspondingly so. I made well over $1000 off this car and that was selling stuff CHEAP! 
i need a new scanner so i can scan in the pics of the 75 i gutted/stripped and cut into tiny pieces.

Mike
1zebra3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1zebra3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 4:55PM
   SORRY I know there is suppose to be pics (just thought you might want to know what I cut up)
 Scraped a 69 mustang coupe (cut it up with an ax and 5#sledge)That really sucked so I bought a set of torches for my second chop job (it was also a 69 stang coupe) So much easier. These were in late 74.  
  Then in 80 I cut up a (SORRY GUYS) 75 gran torino wagon.
  86 I cut up a 75 elite and I hated to do that but it was a money pit and back then this cars were not that popular.
  Since the mid 90s my son and I have cut up 3 fox bodies.
  SORRY about no pictures as this was back when I was just doing it to try and make a few greenbacks.
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150
73Torino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73Torino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2012 at 5:17PM
My uncle had an 87 F-150 sitting in his yard at his farm. He wanted it gone so he gave it to me so I could use the engine for my Torino but it ended up needing a rebuild. Just pulled the 351W and c6, everything else was way to far gone to save. Took it to the scrap yard when the prices were high and got a decent chunk of change.

And yes, that is a tree growing in the back of the truck. Had about a foot of compost pile/dirt in the bed.

1973 base model Torino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2012 at 4:17AM
Memorial Day weekend I tore this Q Code baby apart and will scrap it this week.
Lots of goodies left, but really got tired of being near the bucket loads of rat feces, so leaving the seat and rear end in it.

Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460

Eliteman76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 9:01AM
Joe...did you pull the axles and carrier? I'd be curious if that has the N case under it.

Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 10:28AM
I did pull the rear end out of it...with a Sawzall and 2 blades. The lower arms are a piece of cake to cut, but the uppers are rough to slice through. I made sure I was not underneath it (all the crud hanging to the undercarriage).

Looks to have been changed out before it was parked. No N case, no tag, awfully clean. With the exhaust system they had on it, and it being a Q Code, there is no telling what it is.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460

Eliteman76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 10:47AM
Hmm. So, it's got a standard case. If automatic, and the Q code, I'd wager it was a 3.25:1 geared car, like the 74 Q code I parted out a few years back.

Andrew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 1:48PM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

I did pull the rear end out of it...with a Sawzall and 2 blades. The lower arms are a piece of cake to cut, but the uppers are rough to slice through. I made sure I was not underneath it (all the crud hanging to the undercarriage).

Looks to have been changed out before it was parked. No N case, no tag, awfully clean. With the exhaust system they had on it, and it being a Q Code, there is no telling what it is.
It would have a ''N" embossed on the front of the pumpkin .  My Q code has 3.25 , it's a shame the 1/4s are bad, as I was concidering them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 3:56PM
No N, but door tag shows a code for a 3.25 ratio. I ended up keeping the door tag, dash vin number and both cab numbers off it as a reminder of what a shame it was it became so rotten. I'll pick up the other Ranchero this Friday or Saturday. It is totally complete but will probably end up parted out.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1972 Torino 460

picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 12:17AM
before (a running 100,000 mile 4 door GT 73)

after ( a lot of people got parts off of this one so it went to many good homes.  

Edited by picon3 - 31-May-2012 at 12:18AM
1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
picon3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote picon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2012 at 12:26AM
before (kinda' all there)

after (now that's the way to get to the under carriage)

1972 GTS 351CJ-4V black/black
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic