The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official What I do for a Living Photo thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2012 at 1:02AM
that's a big fleet of cvpi, the Lenco looks more like a big modified Humvee than a ford
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2012 at 3:09PM
here is what i do for a living,   right now its two jobs till spring,  then just one for the rest of spring, summer and fall.  with a little side job for most of the summer.

my main job is with a tree and landscape company.  i work in the tree department mostly but do a little be bit of everything.   we do everything from basic trimming to hazard tree removal.    i mostly do ground work, some climbing and run the bucket truck from time to time.  our bucket truck is a 65 food altec boom truck on a 1999 international.

one of our clean up trucks an international  with a prentice loader mounted to it.

this is our smaller stump grinder its a rayco,  way under powered for what we do with it but it gets the job done when we cant get the bigger one in to the job, like in tight back yards

some of the trees are just to big to move by hand, that chunk or wood is about 5 feet tall.

heres a typical pine tree removal i did,   im about 45feet in the air befor cutting the top out of the tree

after cutting the top down

my winter job is at the local ski resort, http://www.bristolmountain.com/  if you are ever in western ny in winter and want to try skiing or snow boarding  its a great place to give it a go.  this year has been a challenging winter but has been a good season none the less.   we have had close to 100 ski-able days so far.   my job is lift attendent,  basicly i have to make sure everyone loads and unloads the chair lift safely,  believe me it can get crazy.   no stopping for cold or snow here, on an average year its not uncommon to see temps starting the day out at -10 and only warming up to 10.  but i love my job i get to see some of the most amazing sun rises at the mountain, and 99% of the customers are great.

heres me home away from home.   the morningstar chair.   its a quad chair (4 person)  it typically runs at 415-420 feet per minnute.   if that doesn't sound all that fast try garbing the 400LB chair as it comes around to slow it for the customers.   if your not paying attention it will knock your on your a** fast

heres a pic of the groomers that run around the mountain late at night getting everything ready for the next day.   they are bombardier snow cats,  we have a fleet of 6.

the average morning looks like this

and on the average year i typically spend most of the time looking like  im part snow man.

-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 10:10AM
What an incredibly great job. Lucky man.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

GTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 11:09AM
Been in the Army since about '81. Was supposed to retire last year, but things like the attack today have slowed it down.
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1971 Maverick 2 Door
1994 Mark VIII
Retired 60s NHRA Anglia
kversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2012 at 2:35PM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

What an incredibly great job. Lucky man.

joe ill trade you,  you get to ride 4 wheelers, and carry guns,   the only part i wouldnt want is the red dot lazier on my chest form time to time.
-kevin-
Brown 72 gran torino 351c 2v
Black 73 GTS FB 302
Red 73 GTS FB 351C C6 trans
73 GTS FB Parted
73 torino 4dr, 302, FMX parted
97 F250 crew cab 7.3 diesel

http://kverschtorino.blogspot.com/
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-March-2012 at 2:53AM
Yeah Kevin, it has its great moments. Sometimes the travel gets me down a bit, but I work for such a great company and wonderful people, I shake it off pretty quickly and thank God. One of the reasons I like where I travel is getting to be up north. Love the ice, snow, geography and people there. You get to enjoy it every day

As for GTW and our other members in our armed forces, thank you all for giving us the lives we have, the security we enjoy, and the sacrifices you make. It surely cannot be easy in these times. God bless you all.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2012 at 3:35PM
i am in the second row. 
Great lakes ford, parts manager
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

BadHabit351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadHabit351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 8:35AM
This is what I do...this was in downtown Chicago. I run 48 states and the 5 lower of Canada.

1973/72 Gran Torino Sport
1971 Torino GT convertilble
2013 Ford Fusion
2004 Ford SuperDuty
1989 Ford Ranger
SEKCOBRA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEKCOBRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 8:49AM
NYC Firefighter is my job. When im not there I can be found driving a cement truck. Work pretty much day and night with the occasional break from the cement job for extreme cold or rain.
Regul8r View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2013 at 3:01PM
Originally posted by BadHabit351 BadHabit351 wrote:

This is what I do...this was in downtown Chicago. I run 48 states and the 5 lower of Canada.

Privateer or company man?
Up for the occasional side road parts pick up and delivery at the truck stops?
Hoods, bumpers, fenders, seats and other big parts to big to mail??
Always thought IF someone could pick something up along the way and deliver even a few weeks later would help the cause for us GTS.ORG guys.
I for one try to deliver/pick up what I can along my travels if it will save a member some cash and I get to meet cool GTS.ORG people along the way!

IF you are ever on I70 in Junction City, KS (FT Riley)... My bar is at exit 299
Stop on in, I'll buy you a drink! Also pretty good deal with a couple hotels and know the good places to eat!

Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired
tmizz181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmizz181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2013 at 9:15AM
I have been meaning to post on this site for a while now, better late than never.I started to some time ago and figure while I'm deployed I will catch up. This is what I do for a living. I'm a CH47D/F test pilot in the Army stationed at Ft. Riley KS. This pic was taken in 2009 on the way to Ft. Lewis to drop this aircraft off at the reset facility located there. That's Mt. Rainier (sp) in the back round.
papadeath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2013 at 9:29AM
Always wanted to pilot a helicopter. Screwed my life up when I was young and never qualified for the armed services, though I would do anything for this country. Envy everyone in the military. Managed to get educated on my own. Many hurtles but still pulled it off. I am currently a mechanical engineer running a 122K sqf commercial building in downtown L.A. Pretty much a glorified maintenance man, though I make ok money. Great perks include health and doing whatever the hell I want (as well as working on cars when I should be working). Above all happy.
75 Ranchero in progress
04 Harley Deuce stage one kit
89 Toyota pickup modded
09 Scion XB (bought for the ol' lady) buy American! (sorry)
skateboard
4 bicycles
1 scooter
2 dogs
2 stupid cats
occupant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote occupant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2013 at 2:06PM
I'm amending my entry to this thread because I am a tow truck driver again. Specifically, this truck:

and yes, that is a 1971 Porsche 911T riding on a wheel lift wrecker with dollies...

I've actually been doing more roadside assistance type calls than anything else. Jump starts, tire changes, fuel deliveries, and a LOT of lockouts. People in Ohio seem to like to leave their keys on their front seat. I don't even UNLOCK the cars. I just snag the keys with a Big Easy and pull them through the opening in the door made by my little inflatable wedge. Why struggle to push a slippery Armor-All'd power door lock button or fight a lock knob or handle when I can just get the keys out and unlock it that way?
Robbdtme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbdtme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2013 at 5:32PM

A Few thousand gambling machines around the state.
Johnny cash Special 74-75-76 freak. 77 XR7. 78 LTD II sport looks pretty but poop 302 in it.
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-December-2013 at 3:21PM
this is what i do, mostly i haul lumber, washington, oregon, a few times to idaho (gets interesting when having to deliver in downtown seattle)  95 kw w900b with a 3406e cat (575 horse) with a 18 speed trans. 92 western trailers 40' and 20'  AKA the road hammer
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2013 at 12:58AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

this is what i do, mostly i haul lumber, washington, oregon, a few times to idaho (gets interesting when having to deliver in downtown seattle)  95 kw w900b with a 3406e cat (575 horse) with a 18 speed trans. 92 western trailers 40' and 20'  AKA the road hammer

Gotta love the power and torque of a Cat 3406E, had one (475 hp) our '99 Freightliner FLD Classic w/ 13 spd that we used to haul our excavator to jobs. What kind of upgrades have you done to get to 575 hp in your '95? Sadly, we had to sell the FLD and lowboy along with a Hyundai 740-7 wheel loader not long after the economy took a dump in '08. BTW, you have a wicked and diverse selection of vehicles in your collection . Todd
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2013 at 8:11AM
i don't know, i think they just tweeked the computer as far as possible? it will pump 35 psi on the boost gauge while pulling a hill at 105,500 lbs.the truck orig had a n14 "come-a-long"(cummins) in it. its a company truck.  someday... my next prject will be a early 90's 379 extdhood pete  chopped dropped  and stretched  (long, low, and loud!) as for all of the vehicles i drive---- i'll leave you guys with a noteable quote from me "LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRIVE JUNK!" Cool
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2014 at 2:33PM
I retired from the Air Force where I did Reconnaissance Photography. Major security clearance, but that it all I can say about that. I used the GI Bill to get a degree in architecture.

Now I just draw purty pictures.

JT, USAF Ret.
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
1986 Chevy Silverado "Sally"
2013 Chevy Silverado "Blackie"
2014 GMC Sierra
2006 Victory Hammer "Big Red"
1zebra3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1zebra3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2014 at 2:47PM
WOW thought that was a photo at first
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150
kychevyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kychevyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2014 at 3:03PM
That is the Center for the Arts that I did for Eastern Kentucky University. I also design residential projects.

JT, USAF Ret.
1971 Ford F100 "Lizzy"
1984 Chevy Silverado "Sylvia"
1986 Chevy Silverado "Sally"
2013 Chevy Silverado "Blackie"
2014 GMC Sierra
2006 Victory Hammer "Big Red"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic