The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo Test
    Posted: 29-July-2017 at 8:31PM

will this work?

Hot darn, it worked! This is our car. For those that followed my problems with posting photos, I used another computer and downloaded this from my member control. Seems obvious now that my un-updated computer was the problem. I have a similar problem with "Capcha's" sometimes. Everything appears to work fine but nothing happens. It's odd that it makes it to my control panel and the photo previews but won't attach to a post. I'll get some better pics posted soon.

The F150 in the pic has been mine for about 6 hours now also. Needs new head gaskets, radiator support and a pass. side exhaust manifold but it came with those parts and an entire new front suspension less the springs.

Don V

Edited by Don V. - 29-July-2017 at 10:20PM
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2017 at 9:50PM
Clap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2017 at 11:05PM
Isn't it wonderful when things actually work as they should. Nothing gets me more frustrated than technology that refuses to cooperate, lost a few printers/computers that refused to do so Embarrassed. My last HP printer thought it could fly, it actually did for about 12 feet until it went "kablooie" on my driveway, never felt so good to spend money to replace something I destroyed. Congrats on posting the pic.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2017 at 3:54AM
todd, LOL i've had things like that... now days it's only stubborn bolts that like to fly Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2017 at 4:02AM
don, IIRC you posted here somewhere that you were looking for trim for the fender or something??? hard to see in the pic but i picked up a set of 74 cougar trim that looks like your car and a pair of tail lights too
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Don V. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2017 at 5:48AM
John,

I'm not sure anymore. Unfortunately this is a lousy photo but there's trim along the top edge of the front fenders that rolls off to the side at the doors and works it way back up again at the vinyl roof line. The trim also splits at the back of the door windows and surrounds the window opening. Our original plan was to delete most of the trim except along the front fender and around the window. I'm missing the drivers side piece that transitions up the front to the top of the fender. What I have realized since I posted for the part was where the trim "Y's" around the window and back to the landau vinyl the trim is more than a butting together of 2 pieces of trim. There is a trim joint there that will involve a lot more then just removing trim. It's been a long time since I've done work like that. When I turned 14 my dad got me in to a tool and die apprenticeship and at least half of the shops work was auto trim. Roll form dies and bend, trim and nosing dies. Back then the work started with making the patterns and hand forming to prove out the patterns. It's been so long ago now that I can easily see the potential of spending a week or more on those 2 pieces. One for each side of the car. Long explanation but we're talking about deleting all the trim. Mad, my granddaughter really likes the bright work the cars had then. Although this is polished SS she calls it chrome and doesn't quite grasp why it's almost all gone today except for around windows if even there. Foil tape on plastic isn't real bright work and that she does grasp.

I did get a response to my post but we weren't sure what was offered would fit and he wants to sell all his trim together as a package. This is one of the reasons getting the pictures up was an immediate issue. Comparing cars and parts. His parts are from a 73 and I'm aware of 3 different trim packages for 76 and there may be more. I haven't heard anything back from him though.

Again, maybe too much info but when you take the time to make an offer as you have, I think an explanation is owed in return since this is a bit in the air. I'm going to try to get more and better pictures up today if I can which may help if I explained this poorly.

Thank You John.

Don   

Edited by Don V. - 30-July-2017 at 5:48AM
Don V. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2017 at 5:13PM
Originally posted by aquartlow aquartlow wrote:

Isn't it wonderful when things actually work as they should. Nothing gets me more frustrated than technology that refuses to cooperate, lost a few printers/computers that refused to do so Embarrassed. My last HP printer thought it could fly, it actually did for about 12 feet until it went "kablooie" on my driveway, never felt so good to spend money to replace something I destroyed. Congrats on posting the pic.

Aquartlow,

Yup, it's nice when things work as they should but I have had my ability to post images greatly degraded since posting this pic. I went ahead and risked some updates to be able to upload images but Microsoft went farther and updated windows 10 to the newest version. The program "Microsoft edge" now looks at apps being used and if Microsoft has what they consider to be an alternative app it forces the use of the Microsoft app. They have an image upload app that preempts the app here but it sucks. There is no listing of previous uploads. There is no image preview. What Microsoft forces the use of is nothing but a browse button and a box for the file name and location. Along with the OK and cancel button that's it. It also works in a way that there is no way to see the image until it is posted. I spent 2 days with Microsoft online techs to get this fixed along with other issues. I was told edge does this to protect my computer. What a crock and I let them know it. I finally ended up with HP to get the update taken off the computer. Using microsoft's uninstall is at best an uninstall in appearance only. Most of the updates stayed. BTW, another problem is the mouse right button functions we are use to using are gone with just "pin to start," and "open," being the only options.

I would have gladly smashed the computer in the driveway if someone from Microsoft had to take the ride and feel it.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2017 at 11:09AM
You should still have Internet Exploder on your computer. You need to find it and then pin it to your taskbar. Windows Edge sucks royally, and Windows 10 isn't much better.
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Don V. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don V. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2017 at 6:00PM
Big Bird,

I never knew how right you are until this week. I'll try the taskbar but in the internet settings also allow for IE but selecting it makes no difference. Edge stays as the internet operating system. I can also get the start page to open up in any home page I want but any new tabs after that only allows for a page of edge suggested sites.

I wrote about the problem with uploading images here because most everyone could relate to what happened due to MS arrogance. The more immediate problem was how edge screws up diagnostic modules. For Ford it's the VCMM, Vehicle Communication and Measurement Module. One of its primary functions is to turn a computer screen in to an oscilloscope. The ability to go on line so others can monitor and even take functions over if necessary is taken away because of Microsoft and edge. There are ways around the different functions by making changes in the internet advanced settings but it's not seamless like it was up until last week and it's a PITA. The problems with Europe are forefront again. Microsoft edge understand 110 at 60 Hz or 220 at 50 Hz but it can't do both at once. What a frickin mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply