Print Page | Close Window

76 Mustang II

Printed From: The Ford Torino Page
Category: Model Specific Forum
Forum Name: General Automotive Technical Discussion
Forum Description: Technical Automotive discussion of anything not specific to mid-size Ford/Merc
URL: https://forum.grantorinosport.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=15891
Printed Date: 27-March-2024 at 10:45PM
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 76 Mustang II
Posted By: newmexguy
Subject: 76 Mustang II
Date Posted: 08-January-2017 at 1:31PM
Anyone into the pinto chassis Mustangs? There is one at the West El Paso U pull, hit hard RF, appeared to be a daily driver before hit. Still has good doors, LF fender, trunk lid and rear quarters. Any value to this stuff, if unbolted/cut off/removed and purchased for inventory? Not interested in sitting on it for years/decades.   Clean southwest metal, no rot outs.   Did remember selling quickly a hatchback quarter skin and drivers door skin I found in local yard, years ago.

Replies:
Posted By: californiajohnny
Date Posted: 08-January-2017 at 2:18PM
front end parts always sell since most cars get wrecked in the front. but these like anything else are getting harder to find!

if it has a big front sway bar i know bob (fordpower) is looking for one Wink

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Posted By: Power Surge
Date Posted: 08-January-2017 at 3:16PM
I'm a huge Mustang II enthusiast and have been involved with them for 20+ years. They are great cars, and really fun to drive. They do have some specific parts that are getting hard to find and pricey. Depending on what's on the car and the condition, you might be able to make some cash.

Also...let's not continue decades of mis-information... Tongue

Mustang IIs are not Pinto based cars. The 74 Mustang II was a completely new design that introduced 17 new revolutionary automotive designs to Ford's platform. Once the MII came out, THEN the Pinto chassis was redesigned using similar parts. 

-------------
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
73 Ranchero - 5.0 Coyote swap - in progress
Past Torinos - 72 Gran Torino, 75 Gran Torino, 75 Elite

Posted By: fordpower
Date Posted: 10-January-2017 at 4:53AM
If it has a v8 sway bar would like to know price. also it appears that the link attaching to the control arm no longer available.

Date Posted: 11-January-2017 at 4:11PM
Base 2.3 liter car. Pics of body panels and interior misc still left.

Posted By: n2fordwagons
Date Posted: 12-January-2017 at 12:29AM
If it were me, I'd be removing any of that sheetmetal that can be easily removed, to flip it (doors, fenders, trunklid, etc).  As long as you're willing to deal with shipping (Greyhound).  Otherwise, you might be sitting on it, waiting on a more "local" buyer.  If the header panel is any good, I'd get it, assuming you can get it for around $20.  I just found a completed auction on ebay where one sold for $90.  And I found a completed auction for a fender for $120.  Reproduction rear quarter panels are available, so not sure those would be worth messing with.

EDIT:  Just realized that the repro quarter panels might be for hatchback.  Coupe panels might be worth messing with.  Something to research...

EDIT #2:  I just remembered that Joe (unlovedford) might be purchasing a 74-76 Cobra II.  He might have a need for some of this sheetmetal.  I'm not sure if it will be worth the shipping expense to him, but might be worth a shot.

-------------
Jeff

71 Torino Brougham
72 Gran Torino Squire

Date Posted: 12-January-2017 at 3:16AM
May pull the trigger and buy the doors, LF fender, trunk lid, and sawzall out the tail pan and trunk spare tire well.
This car has roughly a month left.
The Quarter panels have a bit of rust on the top of the wheel lips. So the car probably spent a few years somewhere else.
The vehicle was hit RF so the RF fender, hood, and header panel are NG.
Did see an ebay store where the seller had a NOS header panel for $450, wow quite a bit for a niche car.
Found a door skin and a LR quarter skin that were repro in the local yard's loose metal area roughly a decade ago. They sold very quickly on ebay, but I probably priced them too low.   The quarter skin was for hatchback, that I remember.       

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net