Forum Description: Technical discussion for original and replica S&H Torinos
URL: https://forum.grantorinosport.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=6683
Printed Date: 19-April-2024 at 6:02PM
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Official S&H Car Photo thread
Posted By: Guests
Subject: Official S&H Car Photo thread
Date Posted: 05-February-2012 at 8:27PM
I know we have a Photo gallery but as we have the new S&H  Model Specific section I thought it would be great to have an official photo thread right in this section and will put a sticky so it remains at the top of the section and easy to find and view

So come on all you S&H car owners post up some photos of your rides for all to see

thanks

Replies:
Posted By: TV 2M8O
Date Posted: 05-February-2012 at 9:48PM
OK, I'll be the first!

My S&H Tribute car is still a work in progress and it will be a clone of the seasons 2-4, except mine is a bucket seat console car. Here is what it will look like when completed....

I'll have to take a few to show what she currently looks like....

HERE IS A SHOT I FOUND MY WIFE TOOK A COUPLE WEEKS AGO SHOWING HOW THE TOMATO CURRENTLY STANDS...

See my project blog address below to follow along on my progress.

BIG thanks to Scott for making this thread for us S&H owners!!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/

Date Posted: 05-February-2012 at 10:31PM
looks great thanks for the photo

Posted By: TomiTomi
Date Posted: 06-February-2012 at 12:11AM
http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/albums/fotoshoots/io_sh/SHBP06.jpg" rel="nofollow">

http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/albums/fotoshoots/io_sh/SHBP25.jpg" rel="nofollow">
Click on the images for higher resolution.

My car was in November on a photo shooting with two Hungarian actors. http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=136" rel="nofollow - Here you can find all images of the shoot.

-------------
Tomi

Posted By: Starsky74Torino
Date Posted: 06-February-2012 at 7:07AM
Thanks again guys for giving us our Stasky & Hutch section... you guys are awsome Clap and thanks again makings us so welcome and at home here..Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 06-February-2012 at 7:35AM
thanks guys keep those photo's coming we are off to a great start with the new S&H section.

Posted By: Skinnys Garage
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 5:13AM
I grew up watching S&H, so maybe that's why I like Torino's. A friend in high school actually had a '76 LE, so I've always thought they were cool. I've had different wheels over the years, but keep coming back to slots on my '73, probably because of the S&H cars.
I went to a salvage yard auction in '03 and spotted this '76 in the line up. It had front frame damage from an impact with some different sheet metal hanging on the front. No drivetrain, but mostly complete with the interior full of parts. I was actually there to bid on a '59 Studebaker hardtop, but someone ended up wanting it more than me. I had checked the Torino out earlier and had to chuckle at an "expert" telling all that would listen that this wasn't a "real" LE, because it was a 351 car and "all" LE's were 460 powered like his brother-in-law's, friends, cousins car. Long story short, here's a couple pics on the truck headed to my garage.

I had the frame straightend, lined up all the panels, added a hood, some ET wheels and generally cleaned everything up for resale. It's a pretty solid car with no real rust issues, complete black interior with a nice dash and good glass. The build sheet under the seat has "Starsky and Hutch" on it, the correct DSO on the data sticker and the metal PS-122 tag under the hood, so there's no question it's one of the 1000 LE's built by Ford. Here's a couple pics of it ready to sell.

The timing couldn't have been better, as the S&H movie came out that Winter of '04. I listed the car on E-Bay in March of that year with some very good results. Here comes the cool part.....the winner was none other than "Movie" Mike Walsh! For those who might not know who that is, he built the "Hero" cars for the S&H movie. We talked on the phone a bit and I asked him why he wanted my car now that the movie was done? He told me that with the popularity of his hero cars, he wanted a "real" one for himself. I'm not really sure if he ever did anything with it or not, but that's my little piece of S&H history. Here's a pic of it loaded up and headed for California. I'll let you know if I stumble onto another one......Cool

-------------
Scott -'73 Gran Torino Brougham

Past Torino's -'73 Q-code GTS, '76 Original PS-122 S&H, '73 H-code GTS, '73 Ranchero
        '71 Cobra 351 Auto, '70 351C Brougham 2dr HT, '71 351C Ranchero

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 5:26AM
nice story Scott, how much did he pay for it ?Clap

Posted By: Skinnys Garage
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 6:04AM
Originally posted by Starsky74Torino Starsky74Torino wrote:

nice story Scott, how much did he pay for it ?
Bidding went over 3K and probably another grand shipping to California. Like I said, timing couldn't have been better with several bidders fresh from the movie theater.

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 7:34AM
yowser... thats not much money at all.. the ones I see on ebay nowadays are way more than that.. in fact some dude has a LE on right now that aint all that.. opening bid 25k... some people are crazy.. not to say the cars aint worth it but they should be mint for that money. I have invested a huge amount in mine but its what I want and a million bucks couldnt replace it to me.

Posted By: Ranchero Fan
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:20PM
Hey guys, excuse my ignorance, just learning the paticulars of these cars. What is a ''LE'' car?

-------------
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''

Posted By: 75GranMan
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:40PM
limited edition car.only 1000 made.

-------------
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 1:44PM
Oh. Is a ''LE'' a factory car as opposed to a dealer made or driveway  made clone?

-------------

Posted By: 75GranMan
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:04PM
you are correct.

-------------
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!

Posted By: mtrider
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:05PM
I'm in the process of restoring my tribute car I bought in 1985. Been sitting for 20 years and she's a little rough but it's slowly coming together.

-------------
I used to be OK, but I got over it.

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:07PM
I re read my post, Don't want to offend. What I meant is aren't the factory SH cars ''LE'' to begin with?

-------------

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:08PM
Here's some pics of the 460 that I built to go back in it...it was a factory 460 car.

-------------

Posted By: 1zebra3
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 2:48PM
mtrider are those photos of the way you found the car in 85 or are they of the way the car sits now

-------------
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150

Posted By: Regul8r
Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 3:28PM
The LE indicates the actual Ford S&H models they made at the factory. Limited Edition, only 1,000 of them made with true FACTORY numbers.
MANY dealers would paint the stripe and make clones that people could say I bought an S&H from the factory but in reality there are only 1000 REAL S&H LE FACTORY cars.

The factory actually painted the white stripe on the car first and then masked it off and then painted the car Red (2B?) that way the red did not bleed through the white stripe.

I am in no way an expert on the S&H but I do understand there were multiple "STYLES" of stripes depicted on the show over the years but ONLY 1 style form the factory!

-------------
Carl Corey (Moderator/Event Coordinator) Contact ANYTIME!
1976 Ford Elite "Lola Mae"
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Date Posted: 10-February-2012 at 4:02PM
Originally posted by Regul8r Regul8r wrote:

The LE indicates the actual Ford S&H models they made at the factory. Limited Edition, only 1,000 of them made with true FACTORY numbers.
MANY dealers would paint the stripe and make clones that people could say I bought an S&H from the factory but in reality there are only 1000 REAL S&H LE FACTORY cars.

The factory actually painted the white stripe on the car first and then masked it off and then painted the car Red (2B?) that way the red did not bleed through the white stripe.

I am in no way an expert on the S&H but I do understand there were multiple "STYLES" of stripes depicted on the show over the years but ONLY 1 style form the factory!

Thanks, Regular8, so 1000 units for '76

-------------

Date Posted: 11-February-2012 at 1:33AM
Originally posted by 1zebra3 1zebra3 wrote:

mtrider are those photos of the way you found the car in 85 or are they of the way the car sits now

When i bought it it was a nice car but in the hands of a 20 year old it took a beating. Brother robbed the drivetrain and there it sat until a few months ago.

-------------

Posted By: 1zebra3
Date Posted: 12-February-2012 at 10:28AM
Well at least you got to have some fun with it. Now get it fixed up and baby it.

-------------
1zebra3                      76 S&H Torino
70 mustang MACH 1
73 MACH 1
79 F-350 (SOLD)DAMN
89 STANG LX COUPE
04 F-150

Date Posted: 12-February-2012 at 11:59AM
like 1zebra3 sais fix her up asap..... we want pictures...
good luck with the build and keep us ipdated Tongue

Posted By: 72BlackGTS
Date Posted: 12-February-2012 at 1:11PM
Maybe Carl or Jeff could go back into the archives and find Ralphs (Starsky76) built thread and repost it here in this section. That was a few years ago but it was one of the original 1000 cars.

After Ralph sold it I wonder what happened to the car? Anyone know?

Last I knew it was in Vegas area where he had moved. Sold on eBay.

-------------
Ron
1978 LTD II Sport-Green
2003 HD Road King Classic 100th Anniversary

Date Posted: 12-February-2012 at 2:00PM
It's already a sticky noted thread... "76 S&H RESTO PAINT PICS"

Yeah, would be nice to know what Ralph is doing these days....

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 13-February-2012 at 5:35AM
IF I remember right his car ended up overseas in England I think.

-------------
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Date Posted: 23-February-2012 at 4:53AM
SORRY FOLKS TO STICK ANOTHER PICTURE UP... I JUST READ AFTER 6 POSTS I DONT HAVE TO USE PHOTOBUCKET.. JUST TESTING THE WATERS...

Date Posted: 23-February-2012 at 6:05AM
yah, one of the reason's why I use photobucket is because o my digital camera takes large photo's and is too big to just upload and everything has to be resized which is a pain.
I choose the size I want the photo's to be before uploading to my album and when I post them they are at a decent size but not extremely huge.It's a PIA to load them all on the computer then
take each photo and resize and save that so now I have copies of 2 sizes on the computer which takes up more memory and often just hook up my card reader to my computer and upload them to my album's and photobucket does all the work for me.

Posted By: Psquare75
Date Posted: 23-February-2012 at 7:19AM
I use photobucket so I can just copy/paste the same picture on four different forums. 

-------------
Paul
77 XR7 460/C6/3.00:1 *SOLD*
78 XR7 523/C6/3.5:1
79 F100 460/TKO500/3.25:1
'I also have some left over potatoes-I understand you can generate electricity from them'- Foote500

Date Posted: 17-March-2012 at 10:45AM
come on lad's .... dont be shy... we need more Starsky & Hutch car pictures posted here... the moderators did us a great favour by giving us our own little section.. the Gran Torino has allways been a brilliant car and Starsky & Hutch sent the car global... all Torino's are needed here so pull a finger out and join the Family..................WE WANT YOU !
and if you see a Torino out somewhere of any kind take a picture for us to see... we love Torino's.. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 17-March-2012 at 11:14AM
Here's a few shots of my Tribute Tomato taken today....

Plans are to put into body shop for first phase of work the first part of April.... Man I can't wait to get 'er done!!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 29-May-2012 at 11:54PM
We had a track day on Monday with our Hungarian US Ford forum. OK, a Gran Torino is very far from a modern car, but still a lot better I've expected. It was really fun to drive. Cool

A lot more images from all participants can be seen http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=147" rel="nofollow - here .

-------------
Tomi

Posted By: PS122
Date Posted: 15-June-2012 at 8:28AM
Originally posted by TomiTomi TomiTomi wrote:

We had a track day on Monday with our Hungarian US Ford forum. OK, a Gran Torino is very far from a modern car, but still a lot better I've expected. It was really fun to drive. Cool

S&H Torino on a road course... I love it!

-------------
Joe
'76 S&H Gran Torino
http://starskytorino.com/joes/joes.html

Date Posted: 16-June-2012 at 3:17AM

Here are a few shots of the Tomato heading for the body shop.....

Stopped by Friday and they have started on the quarter panel repair. Watch my project thread for more updates....

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Posted By: Srandaz2
Date Posted: 22-July-2012 at 3:43AM
Heres my baby...

-------------
Steve

Posted By: Born_Again_Torinos
Date Posted: 02-December-2012 at 1:19PM
So far I've owned 31 Starsky & Hutch Gran Torinos. Two of them were L.E.s
I build around 3 per year.
Here they are.

-------------
One 1973 Gran Torino
Seventeen 1974 Gran Torinos
Four 1975 Gran Torinos
Nine 1976 Gran Torinos
AND COUNTING!
http://www.bornagaintorinos.com

Posted By: shanefolsom
Date Posted: 03-December-2012 at 12:45AM
Looks beautiful!

-------------
1976 Gran Torino Limited #1
1976 Gran Torino Limited #2
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1969 Roadrunner

Posted By: shanefolsom
Date Posted: 03-December-2012 at 12:46AM
Originally posted by Srandaz2 Srandaz2 wrote:

Heres my baby...

Looks awesome.  Nice car.

-------------
1976 Gran Torino Limited #1
1976 Gran Torino Limited #2
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1969 Roadrunner

Posted By: Ross6860
Date Posted: 07-February-2013 at 11:21AM
Here's my baby.  

Not a '69 Mach I 4-speed, but I didn't win the lotteryWink

My wife is a huge S&H fan, so I get an old Ford to play with, and she gets the car she wants...pretty good deal, I'd say.

-------------
1974 Gran Torino

Posted By: Uante
Date Posted: 08-February-2013 at 2:33PM
I was cruising home from work and saw this S&H car in the parking lot of a dorm on Dyess AFB in Texas. Pretty shocked to see any Torino, so I went back and took these pictures. Not correct year or model, but the car was pretty nice.

-------------
'73 Gran Torino Brougham
'63 Econoline Standard Van
- Brent *USAF RET*

Posted By: Dan the ranchero man
Date Posted: 08-February-2013 at 2:48PM
Nice car but the stripe does not work well with the fastback roofline (JMO).

Date Posted: 09-February-2013 at 1:21AM
I'm in agreement with Dan..... just doesn't float my boat, but to each his own!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 09-February-2013 at 4:58AM
Always thought if someone did an S&H stripe specific for a Sports Roof it MIGHT look alright.

Follow the rear sail panel lines and see what happens?

-------------
97 Suzuki Intruder 1400
US Army Retired

Date Posted: 09-February-2013 at 9:50AM
Is Starsky owned a jet, would he paint it like this.....

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Posted By: boydnl
Date Posted: 21-February-2013 at 4:51PM
here's my 74 bought from green bay Wisconsin I had windows tinted its all original EXCEPT the paint job I get compliments every time I drive it. 351 Cleveland with 3 spd auto floorshift. Let me know what you think

Date Posted: 22-February-2013 at 1:29PM
SWEET RIDE!!!! Would like to see an interior shot Thumbs Up.

Posted By: legend onirot
Date Posted: 22-February-2013 at 1:52PM
that is beautiful.

-------------
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"

Date Posted: 23-February-2013 at 2:20AM
NICE! Looking forward to seeing more.... we are pictures ho's on this site! LOL, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY Hug

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 24-March-2013 at 2:23PM

Here's a couple interior shots along with exterior shot again so you don't have to scroll up lol...the front seats match rest of interior just got seat covers on them as they are ripped

Date Posted: 25-March-2013 at 9:39AM
really like the black interior with the red stripe. Many years ago a freind of mine and I bought a 74 Gran Torino sport out of a corn field for $300. It had a mint rally style interior (just like the one in your car) desent running 400/C6 and a TOTALLY rotted frame and under body. He drove the car for work for about 2 months before the frame issues started showing there ugly head. without telling me he just junked the car and never gave me a chance to remove the interior. You have an awesome car there take care Dan 

Date Posted: 25-March-2013 at 10:29AM
I love the interior I haven't seen any others like it I'm sure they're out there though, I think I'm just gonna leave it like it is except the front seats, I'll get then redone and once the motor goes its gettin tweaked a little bit thanks for the comments and sorry to hear about the scrapped gts that's sad

Date Posted: 18-April-2013 at 1:25AM
On the track again.

We celebrated the 49th birthday of the Stang. So a bit off topic clip, still my Gran Torino can be seen several times:

And all images of the event can you see http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=154" rel="nofollow - here .

-------------
Tomi

Date Posted: 19-April-2013 at 8:03AM
@TomiTomi
I don't think I'll ever get enough of seeing your Gran Torino on the road course.  Thanks!

-------------
Joe
'76 S&H Gran Torino

Posted By: fordnmerc
Date Posted: 19-April-2013 at 10:26AM
Hey guys, I have a bunch of original 35mm film clips of the old Starsky & Hutch tv series and most of the film frames feature the Gran Torino. Would anyone like me to try scanning them and posting them when I get time?

-------------
David

Date Posted: 21-April-2013 at 2:50AM
@PS122: Thanks, Joe. I can't resist to post two more images... Wink

http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/albums/events/2013/0413kakucs/StangTali293.jpg" rel="nofollow">
Click on the second for larger image.

Regards, Tomi

-------------
Tomi

Date Posted: 21-April-2013 at 12:32PM
Originally posted by fordnmerc fordnmerc wrote:

Hey guys, I have a bunch of original 35mm film clips of the old Starsky & Hutch tv series and most of the film frames feature the Gran Torino. Would anyone like me to try scanning them and posting them when I get time?

David,

I know I sure would! Especially season 2 thru 4 because THAT's the look I'm going for on my TV HERO #2 clone.

Look forward to seeign what ya got!!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 21-April-2013 at 12:42PM
Originally posted by TV 2M8O TV 2M8O wrote:

Originally posted by fordnmerc fordnmerc wrote:

David,

I know I sure would! Especially season 2 thru 4 because THAT's the look I'm going for on my TV HERO #2 clone.

Look forward to seeign what ya got!!

I will see what I can do this coming week. Thumbs Up

-------------
David

Posted By: GTW
Date Posted: 26-April-2013 at 2:35PM
Excellent song choice on the vid Tomi posted!

-------------
Griffin
1973 Gran Torino station wagon
1972 Gran Torino 4 Door
1971 Maverick 2 Door

Posted By: Kit Sullivan
Date Posted: 27-April-2013 at 11:16PM
  Actually, as far as the '76 LEs are concerned, there were a total of 1103 units made:

2 "pilot production" cars (used to test the assembly line process and have a product to inspect afterwards)

1 promotional car (used for the Chicago Auto Show)

1,000 units for US sale
100 units for Canadian sale

All LE units were made in Lorain, Ohio (I think), although the actual cars used in ther TV show came from Chicago (I think)

-------------
"I'm too old to grow up now!"

Date Posted: 28-April-2013 at 4:25AM
Originally posted by Kit Sullivan Kit Sullivan wrote:

All LE units were made in Lorain, Ohio (I think), although the actual cars used in ther TV show came from Chicago (I think)

Kit, you have that backwards... TV cars came from Loraine, OH and the LE were built in Chicago, IL

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 29-April-2013 at 1:01PM
Well, I don't have the equipment to color-correct for the old film's red shift
from over 35 years of sitting, so the images are pretty much useless at this
point. Ouch

Here is one example. All I have is a standard flatbed scanner and it's just not
up to the task of doing what needs done:

-------------
David

Date Posted: 30-April-2013 at 8:08PM
I've corrected this one image in PhotoShop a bit:

http://postimage.org/" rel="nofollow">

But this goes only for images not for films. Still the resolution of the image is very low.

Tomi

-------------
Tomi

Date Posted: 06-June-2013 at 10:11PM
A photographer in Hungary started a FB site called "Classic car of the month". He started with a Jaguar XK140 in the first month and chose my car in the second. (Good taste. Wink)

More images http://www.ford-cruising.hu/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=158" rel="nofollow - here . And the FB site of the photographer is https://www.facebook.com/ahonapveteranja" rel="nofollow - here .

-------------
Tomi

Date Posted: 11-July-2013 at 10:45PM
In September 2011 a report of my car was made for a Hungarian webzine. Now they published the article in English:

Totalcar Magazine: http://totalcarmagazine.com/usedcars/2013/07/12/ford_gran_torino_1975/" rel="nofollow - Striped Tomato

-------------
Tomi

Date Posted: 12-July-2013 at 12:58AM
@Tomi

Cool article!  Thanks for sharing.

-------------
Joe
'76 S&H Gran Torino

Posted By: unlovedford
Date Posted: 12-July-2013 at 2:10AM
That is a great article and the writer has a cool sense of humor!

-------------
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Posted By: legend onirot
Date Posted: 12-July-2013 at 4:20AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

That is a great article and the writer has a cool sense of humor!

x2...

"Slamming the door results in a distinctive ‘CLANG'"  ...   ive said it before, I can tell a car is a torino by the sound the door makes when you close it...  it has a very unique sound.  cranking one is quite uncommon as well

-------------
---------------------
malcolm
1973 gran torino sport (formal)... "Stacy Lynn"
1972 gran torino (formal)... "Mackenzie"
1973 gran torino sport (sportroof)... "Leela"

Posted By: ThunderOnTheRoad429
Date Posted: 21-September-2013 at 4:01PM
So who knows what center cap was used on the 1st season S&H on Savage Sunday?  Best place to view is when they get the tires slashed in the ally.

-------------
Waylon & Buddy

Date Posted: 22-September-2013 at 6:34AM
see reply under Starsky & Hutch forum topic:

Starsky's 5 slot wheels & center caps

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Posted By: brickard
Date Posted: 31-December-2013 at 12:02PM
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd post a couple photos of my 76 Gran Torino PS122 S&H replica. I just bought her in Michigan a couple months ago. This is my dream car, the only classic I've ever wanted. And I love her!!
One question, though.....I have the original build sheet. Is there a way to determine what number (out of the 1000 made by Ford) my car is? Any help is appreciated.

Brian

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/brickard55/DSCN3266.jpg

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/brickard55/hall13.jpg

-------------
1976 Gran Torino "Charlotte" (S&H Replica)

Date Posted: 31-December-2013 at 12:14PM
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd post a couple photos of my 76 Gran Torino PS122 S&H replica. I just bought her in Michigan a couple months ago. This is my dream car, the only classic I've ever wanted. And I love her!!
One question, though.....I have the original build sheet. Is there a way to determine what number (out of the 1000 made by Ford) my car is? Any help is appreciated.

Brian

-------------

Date Posted: 31-December-2013 at 1:15PM
The "edition number" I've heard is marked on the underside of the hood... you need to remove the insulation blanket to see it. I never had the insulation off my SE to confirm, but I remember seeing it posted here on the forum in someone's build thread.<EDIT: FOUND IT! ABOUT HALF WAY DOWN PAGE> Thumbs Up
http://forum.grantorinosport.org/zebra-3-in-rehab_topic1904_page2.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.grantorinosport.org/zebra-3-in-rehab_topic1904_page2.html

Be interested to hear if you find yours there as well...

GOOD LUCK!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 01-January-2014 at 5:44AM
Thanks for the tip, Joe. But unfortunately, the underside of the hood has been painted over.

You would think that the LE # would be on the order sheet or the VIN plate, but I guess not. Maybe it didn't matter that much in those days.

Here's another photo of her in the garage, anxiously awaiting warmer weather!

-------------

Posted By: andrewok1
Date Posted: 22-January-2016 at 12:13PM

1973 Ford Torino : $5,280

1 / 4

-------------
GET IT GOT IT GONE !!!!!!!

Posted By: firefighter
Date Posted: 23-February-2016 at 10:24PM
Hi there,

i would like to join u guys and this is my Torino!

Date Posted: 23-February-2016 at 11:35PM
Hey Firefighter, nice Tomato!!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Posted By: californiajohnny
Date Posted: 24-February-2016 at 12:56AM
welcome, looks great!

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Posted By: starsky460
Date Posted: 24-February-2016 at 2:44AM
I agree, very nice !

-------------
Carl
1976 Gran Torino Starsky & Hutch Limited Edition
FACTORY 460 c.u. engine
3:55 gears

Posted By: firefighter
Date Posted: 24-February-2016 at 8:22AM
Thank you Guys,

it was a lot of work!
Not done jet, but somehow they are never done.Wink

Date Posted: 24-February-2016 at 8:57AM
Beautiful ride! welcome aboard.

Posted By: Steve M.
Date Posted: 23-December-2019 at 2:18PM
This showed up in My Verizon memories from 7 years ago. I told my wife that I was going Christmas shopping. After I got a few last minute gifts, I ended up installing a new Holley 600. When I got home, I smelled like "the shop". She saw the bag of gifts and laughed. It was a good Christmas.

-------------
Steve M.

Posted By: unlovedford
Date Posted: 23-December-2019 at 2:40PM
Very nice!

-------------
Joe
1972 Mom's Squire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous
Popeye and Brutus (Rams)

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 12:47AM
Mine is now ready to head off for final bodywork and paint.....

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yZuw5OrI2zY/XfaN8A_PFLI/AAAAAAAALKg/tnJ29n5VT7s5jDqo5DoBZZhs-0N7ENqkwCNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/34dsf.jpg" rel="nofollow">

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UfGHWKUqaNw/XfaN-EZIvwI/AAAAAAAALKk/Q4LZ2RRMGBwJ1wREK2eFt81Mobla7BQQACNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/34psr.jpg" rel="nofollow">

First weekend of 2020, she hits the trailer (weather permitting)!!

HOLY MACKEREL, it was almost 8 years ago that I posted the initial pictures of this thread... time flies when you're having fun!!!

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 12:52AM
Just scrolled back thru this post and it's sad that so many of the Photobucket pics are no longer accessible... lost some nice photos! Cry

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 1:01AM
I used to use tiny pics and that gone now too.Cry

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 1:27AM
Damn.... just checked and Ralph's (Starsky76) build thread is decimated!!! Censored Cry

-------------

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 2:10AM
Thinking about doing the stripe on this one. What do think?

-------------
Steve M.

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 5:55AM
you know my answer...yesWink

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 6:08AM
guess i never posted a pic here of mine...

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 1:03PM
That looks awesome. 
The engineering mind in my head is trying to figure out how to fit a 5 speed automatic into an FMX case.
 My car has metal flake in the slightly darker red. So, my thoughts are to add the stripe with metal flake in the white. Then separate the two with a 1/4" black stripe. I'm thinking using the 2nd through 4th season or the movie stripe.
  In one episode, Starsky said his car is candy apple red. Mine is close. 

-------------
Steve M.

Date Posted: 24-December-2019 at 2:49PM
Originally posted by Steve M. Steve M. wrote:

That looks awesome. 
The engineering mind in my head is trying to figure out how to fit a 5 speed automatic into an FMX case.
 My car has metal flake in the slightly darker red. So, my thoughts are to add the stripe with metal flake in the white. Then separate the two with a 1/4" black stripe. I'm thinking using the 2nd through 4th season or the movie stripe.
  In one episode, Starsky said his car is candy apple red. Mine is close. 
ok to quote a line from the movie..."DO IT"  Wink

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Posted By: Big Bird
Date Posted: 25-December-2019 at 1:35AM

Thinking about doing the stripe on this one. What do think?
I like the unpolished mags.

-------------
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?

Posted By: Rockatansky
Date Posted: 25-December-2019 at 6:16AM

My car has metal flake in the slightly darker red. So, my thoughts are to add the stripe with metal flake in the white.

Pearl White, tons of pearl!

an updated modern color Tomato would definitely be cool

-------------
72 GT Ute

Date Posted: 25-December-2019 at 9:21AM
yeah i too was thinking white pearl!Wink

-------------
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Posted By: DvlDrvr
Date Posted: 12-September-2021 at 7:52AM
Loving this thread. This car is one of my favorite tv show cars along with the Ferrari Testarossa in Miami Vice and the General Lee Dodge Charger in The Dukes of Hazard. Saw the S&H car at a Hollywood car event.

Posted By: whitc006
Date Posted: 28-December-2021 at 9:16AM
Can you please email me the rim and tire size you have on the car... Are they 15x8.5 or 15x10 rims on the rear...Please email me at whitc006@yahoo.com

-------------
Craig

Posted By: JackMadden
Date Posted: 29-March-2022 at 8:27PM
She's By no means in the best of shape. This one's a Canadian Car after all, and 46 Winters will certainly add some... character... Especially since she spent a portion of her life in the frozen winters of Quebec Haha...

But Slowly I'm getting her back into shape. Planning some bodywork soon and should hopefully have the holes in the floor gone soon ;)

It's a 76 Torino, what more is there to say...

Posted By: AUS GTS
Date Posted: 30-March-2022 at 10:21AM
good stuff!

-------------
Al

Date Posted: 30-March-2022 at 11:05AM
Cool pictures. 

-------------
Steve M.

Posted By: 537 ONN
Date Posted: 19-January-2023 at 3:54PM
Hello:

A lot of great pics from everyone & thought to share this walk around vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWxsxqMTCss

There's also a link to its own fb page at the bottom.

-------------
Randy Achtemychuk

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net