The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 1:10PM
looks good joe!
my fender shields didn't have any metal clips like that???? 76 must be different?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 1:15PM
John,

My liners are actually from a '76 Cougar so the contour and evidently the inner fender brace slot were a bit different, so I had to improvise!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 1:17PM
Joe has clips we've never dreamed of Johnny Big smile

never underestimate the power of a blob of silicone Evil Smile

72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 2:48PM
 hmmm... ok
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2018 at 2:51PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

yeah but joe don't have those inner fender panels Wink (that he looked for and didn't have LOLthat i made)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 5:47AM
**CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE AND CLICK AGAIN TO SUPERSIZE**

More stuff knocked off the TO DO list... checked out the operation of my sirens and one set isn't working, so I'll have to dig into them and see what's going on.

Finished the wiring to the lighted visor (found my missing wire clip!!)…

as well as getting the high output alternator wiring wrapped up.

Installed the firewall vacuum tee...

the smaller vacuum canister on the driver side wheelhouse...

and temporarily mounted the AC compressor so I could hang the compressor mounted power steering cooler to determine the routing of the power steering cooling circuit.

Also lit off the 460 to get a bit of heat into the motor to evaporate the remaining coolant in the block. The engine compartment is slowly looking complete once again.

Next weekend, I'll work on getting the radiator and AC condenser reinstalled as well as rehanging the front fenders in preparation for installing the headlight buckets and header panel.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 24-June-2018 at 6:01AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 11:10AM
 Clap
 so you don't need any of the dome light clips?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 11:43AM
Good on the dome light wiring clips... meant to look for my headliner bow clips but forgot to. Embarrassed

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 11:45AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

yeah but joe don't have those inner fender panels Wink (that he looked for and didn't have LOLthat i made)

Yeah I'm pretty lucky that my car was so complete....

What fender panels you talking about CJ??

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 6:20PM
probably in regards to my smart ass comment about my custom made panels that you were wondering why you couldn't find yours a couple years ago because i custom made mine LOL

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-June-2018 at 10:21PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

probably in regards to my smart ass comment about my custom made panels that you were wondering why you couldn't find yours a couple years ago because i custom made mine LOL

LOL, now I remember CJ.... LOL

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-July-2018 at 3:47PM

Well had to back track a bit this weekend.... was under the car last Saturday and noticed a puddle of oil at the front and back of the engine block right on the centerline. Upon closer inspection, I could see a drop at the pan/timing cover seam as well as a drop coming from the weep hole in the flywheel inspection plate.

Wracked my brain as well as going back thru my pictures and I couldn't remember shooting a blob of RTV sealant into the corners where the oil pan gasket chan...ges direction to go around the timing cover or the rear main at the crank, so today I jacked the engine up a bit and dropped the pan.
My suspicions were correct.... I must have dry fit the oil pan gasket and pan on weekend and the following weekend, buttoned everything up thinking I was done.... WRONG

Saturday I got the pan dropped, the gasket and corners cleaned and sprayed several times with brake clean to get rid of any oil residue so the RTV and gasket will adhere nicely to the block sealing the corners and then left everything opened up so the cleaner can evaporate away.

Next weekend I'll hit the corners with a good blob of Ultra Seal, reinstall the pan gasket, button up the oil pan and set the engine back down into the frame and reassemble everything removed to allow the engine to be raised.... then I'll be back on track to getting her ready to turn over to the body shop!

Edited by TV 2M8O - 03-July-2018 at 3:48PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2018 at 10:57AM

Well after wasting over an hour today trying to position the oil pan gasket onto the engine from below, I finally realized it would be much simpler to remove the pan, stick the gasket onto the pan, RTV the corners on the engine and the pan and then position the pan onto the motor, so I pulled the front sway bar off and got the pan out and prepped for the install next weekend.

I'll finish cleaning the cured RTV from the engine next week as well.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 07-July-2018 at 1:14PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2018 at 11:12AM
No pics from this weekend, but a cancelled visit allowed me to pop into the dealership and get the pan and gasket installed, the engine refilled with oil and the 460 lit off to check for leaks. After initial startup, no visible leaks but I'll be keeping my eye on it.

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2018 at 11:36AM
surprised you got the pan out with the oil pump still attached, no baffles?
72 GT Ute

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2018 at 12:47PM
Nice work Joe, I am glad you were able to get it fixed up with relative ease!  I guess having a nice clean car without years of grease and grime makes this job somewhat less of a pain. 
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2018 at 1:25PM
Stock 460 pan has no baffles. I have taken a few off in the car myself. I did have to drop the sway bar and lift it slightly.  
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-July-2018 at 5:29AM
Originally posted by Dan the ranchero man Dan the ranchero man wrote:

Stock 460 pan has no baffles. I have taken a few off in the car myself. I did have to drop the sway bar and lift it slightly.  

I went ahead and pulled the sway bar completely out of the car just to insure it didn't get it the way...  LOL, getting tired of fighting things!!!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
  Share Topic