The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2019 at 8:43AM
damn. that's good news!Clap if you can't stop in when they are working on it...ask him to snap pics and send them you you Wink because we want to see too Big smile

oh BTW i'll check on the piece you asked me about here shortly.........
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2019 at 8:48AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

damn. that's good news!Clap if you can't stop in when they are working on it...ask him to snap pics and send them you you Wink because we want to see too Big smile
oh BTW i'll check on the piece you asked me about here shortly.........

CJ,

He said the shop is always open to my visits and he is aware of me being a picture ho Embarrassed (they did the inner structure replacement) so he said photo progress shots are no problem.

Thanks for checking your parts car for me..... Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2019 at 9:00AM
glad to see you finally get this car done! i was afraid we'd both be so old by then, we'd be customizing our hoverounds  instead of cars LOL
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2019 at 6:00AM
** DOUBLE CLICK ON PICTURE TO SUPERSIZE **

First order of business at the shop Saturday was locating and weighing all the door components so I could tell the bodyshop how much weight to add to the doors to simulate the finished door weight with all the components installed. (For that info, see my post http://forum.grantorinosport.org/door-component-weights_topic18502.html)

Once I was done with that, I began determining the necessary modifications needed to add the brace to allow an unobstructed opening for the rear seat armrest pass thru into the trunk.....

Have the basic panel size and necessary opening cut into a cardboard pattern, so I can now trim the existing braces out of the way, set the rear seat back cushion in place and then see how my new panel will fit and tie everything back together.

Edited by TV 2M8O - 22-December-2019 at 6:05AM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2019 at 6:49AM
that should work fine! not much real bracing needed there so just a piece of 18ga. sheetmetal welded in should work perfectWink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2019 at 9:05AM

Saturday I went out to look at the facility that will be doing the bodywork on the Torino. Need to go see the booth that will be used to apply the color next time. Right now we are targeting the move to the body shop for next weekend... if everything goes according to plan.

Once back at the dealership, I worked some more on the rear seat pass thru and cut the existing bracing back to make room for the new panel...

and dressed up the exposed surface where the brace overlapped the floor panel.

Next step will be to cut a relief slot into the existing braces to accept the new panel and work out the upper flanges on the pass thru panel to tie into the package tray. For some reason, the package tray drop off isn't symmetrical on either side of the centerline so the upper flanges will be different from site to side.

Gotta love a challenge!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2020 at 5:54AM

The first weekend of 2020 I took as a long one to work on the Torino to get her closer to being shipped off for body and paint. Got the transmission auxiliary cooler hard lines bent...

and plumbed in.

and also got the rear seat pass thru panel a bit closer to being fabbed up and ready to install.

The metal to make my new package tray brace with the arm rest pass thru cutout did not arrive the following week, so I took my design, printed it out and then cut a new cardboard template to insure the design was correct. Installed and taped it in place...

and then installed the rear seat back and cushion so I could make my final markings for the actual cutout and the pass thru mounting slots.

Turns out it was a good thing the metal didn't arrive because there were a couple areas that needed a bit more finessing. Got the template marked up and then pulled everything back apart...

and then set about prepping the Torino for her journey to the body shop next weekend (weather permitting). Masked up the steering wheel to prevent the leather from getting damaged as well as the steering column itself...

filled up the under hood fuel tank and cleaned out all my tools and any odds and ends from the car that didn't need to go to the body shop.

Hope next weekend is dry so we can load the Tomato onto the trailer and make the run to drop her off for final body work and paint.....

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2020 at 6:22AM
idk hasn't been very dry here the last couple days, holy crap it's been raining sidewaysConfused but there was a break in the rain yesterday morning long enough for me to get the 351C 4v pulled and soldBig smile but not without incident.... a 1 foot spot of atf on the asphalt which soon grew to 8'x10'ShockedOuch well it down poured last night again so rain may be good Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Dan the ranchero man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the ranchero man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2020 at 8:53AM
Nice work on the lines and good luck with the paint Thumbs Up Can't wait to her in her new colors! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
  Share Topic