The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > Starsky & Hutch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project TV 2M8O

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2021 at 5:36PM
John, for the gas tank on the bike, a rotary tumbler type setup with polishing stones would work well. Or maybe a jig similar to a paint mixer but a lot slower and put a bunch of medua in there. Then just empty it out, vacuum, and seal. Done.
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2021 at 5:06AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

geez that tank isn't as bad as the one on my bike... damn alcohol rusted  the crap out of mine, so bad that flakes get into the carb and clog it Angry i figured the only way is to use a small mower filter to trap itConfused with 8 coats of candy and 8 coats for clear on it ... boiling it out isn't an optionOuch 

fill it with your liquid of choice and some aggregate like Black Beauty and shake shake shake
72 GT Ute

jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2021 at 2:26AM
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2021 at 2:38PM
Originally posted by Rockatansky Rockatansky wrote:

Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

geez that tank isn't as bad as the one on my bike... damn alcohol rusted  the crap out of mine, so bad that flakes get into the carb and clog it Angry i figured the only way is to use a small mower filter to trap itConfused with 8 coats of candy and 8 coats for clear on it ... boiling it out isn't an optionOuch 

fill it with your liquid of choice and some aggregate like Black Beauty and shake shake shake
no im afraid that could put little starburst dings in the candy paintShocked
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 5:33AM
A brief update on my current situation. Went out to the shop to have a look at where we stood on the Torino. Nick has about 80-90% of the major panels worked and ready for 1st coat of high build primer. He was working the doors and still had to finish blocking the front fenders so things could all get rehung and shot so final blocking of the assembled body could begin.

He hates that things got drug out for so long and are now dead in the water but he still has a long road to go, so we agreed it's best to find another shop to take over the project. He said once I have a shop locked in to give him about a week and he would get the car reassembled and delivered to the facility taking over.

I have a meeting this afternoon with a gentlemen I had spoken to previously that was in the process of building a new shop when I gave the project to Nick. His shop is now up and running so hopefully he can get me in and get the Tomato across the finish line.... hopefully by Spring '22??

Wish me luck!!

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 8:27AM
   You are a better man than I. Patience is not a virtue with me unfortunately. Best of luck going forward.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 11:56AM
wow! glad you found someoneClap
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 12:21PM
Good news.  Here's hoping things come together for Spring 2022!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 12:29PM
FWIW another guy i know near me just posted pics of his today it's finally red just needs to paint the stripe and reclear, but i think he said the shop had his for 5 yearsConfused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2021 at 10:37PM
Meeting went well.... he had some vehicles in his shop undergoing repair/restoration and was pleased with the quality of his work. We had spoken a couple years go about him doing my car when he was planning on doing his new shop, so he was aware of what I was wanting and had been following along on my Facebook page and had a pretty good idea of the progress Nick had made before things kinda fell apart.

He will have an opening in a couple weeks, so the plan is to get the Tomato stuck back together and moved to his shop right after Thanksgiving. Once the car is there, we can then better assess the time line. Looking forward to getting the project back on track! Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
spriegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spriegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 2:03PM
For my Torino's gas tank, I took it to a shop that offered the Gas Tank RENU product/process:

I also had rust in the inside from the fuel sitting.

Good news you found a new place!

Chris Spriegel
Fairview, PA
'1973 Ford Gran Torino
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2021 at 10:47PM
Spriegel, I have a new Spectra gas tank going in, but they didn't include the burp tube, so I'll be adding one to my new tank.

Thanks for the RENU info though...... Thumbs Up

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637
  Share Topic