The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > Transmissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear mount for AOD swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear mount for AOD swap
    Posted: 29-July-2019 at 4:59PM
I picked up an AOD to replace the C6 with in my 73 Gran Torino Sport.My question is what rear mount and crossmember should be used? The AOD was out of a 1988 F150 2wd and I have rear  mounts and crossmembers from a C6 or a FMX. Info from those who have preformed this swap would be greatly appreciated.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2019 at 6:07PM
i used an aftermarket poly mount but it fit the same as the original fmx, same cross member (i can't remember if i had to trim the front lip of the cross member for pan clearance or not??? if i did it was minor but the AOD is basically the same size, and i swapped front driveline yokes same u-joint just used the AOD yoke Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Gold73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2019 at 3:06PM
Thanks for the info John . I appreciate your reply.
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2019 at 3:52PM
Crossmember did not need any modifications.
I just bought a rear trans mount for an 85 Crown Vic. bolts right up to the tranny and the crossmember.
Carl, Member/Admin since 07. Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
Owner- www.CaNDeCustoms.com
Gold73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gold73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2019 at 4:02PM
Thanks for the info Carl.
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2019 at 5:01PM
 that's a very common mount ford used that for many years on lots of vehicles Wink matter of fact i just bought that same poly mount for my mustang and it fit the tremec 5speed Wink
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
 Post Reply Post Reply