The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Powertrain Specific Forum > 335 Series Engine Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remanufactured engine - recomendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik_CZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remanufactured engine - recomendation
    Posted: 15-November-2016 at 8:01AM
I have Gran Torino 1972, engine 400. I need to buy new or remanufactured long block, but I don´t know which company is the best. I come form Czech Republic, so the eventual warranty claim would by not possible. Do you have an experience with any company? Thank you.
Erik
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2016 at 11:11AM
Jasper is a good remanufacturer of engines/transmissions, I always built my own engines(or bought a good used one), I had them supply a rear housing/ring and pinion for my SD 4x4. Hope this helps.
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2016 at 3:04PM
If you looking for a 400, Tim Meyer is the guru on these engines.  He has lots of experience and parts.  I'd suggest contacting him.

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2016 at 1:45PM
i just saw this on FB, https://www.facebook.com/groups/263768747684/

TMeyer Inc- Precision Automotive Machining added 3 new photos.< ="_42ft _4jy0 PageLike _4jy3 _517h _51sy" id="u_jsonp_4_x" ="submit" abp="13507" value="1" -ft='"":28,"tn":"c"' -proid="173003588761" -ownerid="u_jsonp_4_v">Like Page

Attention my Aussie friends....$499 shipping special.
Since we are starting the New Year early by offering free shipping on our shortblock or more engines in th...e lower 48 states, we have a deal for our customer over seas. With the special pricing, here is what we can do for you...

Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne...$499 (by sea) landed at the port. This would ship over #650. Buddy up with a friend, buy (2) and save on the shipping. Please contact us for details.

Other locations overseas also available, contact us for a quote today!!
(Pictures are for attention...)

72 GT Ute

changinlatitudes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2016 at 12:19AM
Just my opinion: Had a Jasper re-manufactured engine installed in my 2003 Ford pickup, and 4,000+ miles later it still runs like a champ. For a standard, no-frills long block, that might be the inexpensive way to go. For a more go-fast engine, the recommendations of those above might be worth checking out. I've never used Tim Meyer (yet), but never heard a bad thing about his products, either. Shipping would be the killer either way, though.....
Matt

1969 Mercury Marauder 390
1972 Montego MX
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
1994 F-150 5.8
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
ilyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2016 at 2:09AM
I had 2 issues with Jasper engines so far. First was on a chevy 350, he guy who rebuilt it left a rag under the valve cover, second was on a ford 5.4L, broke a valve spring within 1000 miles. I also had couple issues on transmission, where they would only hold a few months then come back for warranty.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2016 at 3:55AM
The engine in my thunderbird was a Jasper rebuild, It was no good, but that's because the P.O.'s kid put screws and woodruff keys down the carb and ran it. He wanted a Honda...

"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2016 at 6:01AM
after you get your new engine, if youre interested, i have a couple edelbrock performer intakes and a complete high performance roller cam/roller rocker kit with timing set, high volume oil pump, lifters, valve springs, and 2 sets of push rods for the 351M/400 that i absolutley can not use anymore. theyre still in the boxes never opened. i no longer have the car that they were intended for. i know im not going to get what i paid for them, but anything is better than having them sit on the shelf collecting dust...
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
Erik_CZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik_CZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2017 at 7:21AM
Thank you very much for your advices and opinions. I already contacted TMayer.
 Post Reply Post Reply