The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REPOP WISH LIST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REPOP WISH LIST
    Posted: 20-May-2018 at 12:42PM
Have been in contact with Ron Miller at AutoKrafters asking about new items for the '72-'76 Torinos, and he asked me to provide a list of the most badly needed items for our cars. Here are my top choices at this time....

1. Wheel lip moldings
2. Rocker panel trim (long and short)
3. Latch pillar quarter window seal
4. Interior door & rear seat trim panels with correct burlwood inserts

What else do we need? Also anybody know if the moldings and window seal are the same on the Cougar? Would make it more enticing to a manufacturer if the customer base was larger! Once I've heard from several other members and compiled a list, I'll get back in touch with Ron.

Let's hear the other holy grail parts....

THANKS

Edited by TV 2M8O - 20-May-2018 at 12:43PM

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Zebra 3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zebra 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 12:54PM
Bumper protection group rubber pieces '74 thru '76 Torino ....all of them..... including all of  the horizontal pieces....rear pieces are the same as LTD II, front corner pieces are different from Torino to LTD II.  
"I deeply admire the men who founded this country, and I think we ought to know more about them and how they lived and the force and courage they had.
Henry Ford. 1926
Brian Conn
'76 Torino
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 1:10PM
Front wheel lip moldings for 1972 Laser stripe cars.  These would be big sellers as everyone seems to put laser stripes on the cars now.
Dash pads and console lids (they no longer seem to be available).

1972-73 Sport Door panels

Window felts that actually fit properly (the aftermarket ones now don't fit correctly).

1972 grilles and grille surrounds (both are plastic, shouldn't be too hard to repop).

1972-73 tail lights (getting harder to find).

1972-73 gas tanks

Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 2:25PM
console lids
"What we do in full frontal view, is more honest than your cleaned-up mind."
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2005 F-150 STX RCSB 4.6, 3.55 LSD
How the Heck does a REGULAR CAB SHORTBED weigh over 5200 pounds?
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 2:42PM
Ditto on the window felts, tail lights, latch pillar seals and console lids (whole console and brackets perhaps)

Decent A pillar mouldings too...parcel shelf sail panels

Definitely dash pads
Compton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Compton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 2:44PM
Proper vertical quarter window seals that don't have to be modified to work
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 2:53PM
Has anyone looked into the 72-76 Thunderbird /Mark IV quarter window seals?
I think they are being reproduced thru Steele...
Randy
1979 T-Bird
1973gts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973gts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 4:28PM
429 engine mounts and rear upper control arm bushings for the competition suspension would be on my list.
Dave - 1973 GTS N code
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 4:41PM
all the above!

and i 'd add the plastic and metal retaining clips for those rocker moldings
(nobody has them i've trimmed 70's f100 metal clips to work)
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 5:02PM
oh and maybe the front lower section of the right inner wheelwell to replace battery rot Wink

JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Power Surge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 5:13PM
Some of these items already exist, and from Autokrafters as well, unless they are just in the catalog and not in stock any longer. 

And I agree with Johnny.....  pass side inner fender, or at least the battery tray repair section of it. Every single car needs that! 
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
73 Ranchero - 5.0 Coyote swap - in progress
Past Torinos - 72 Gran Torino, 75 Gran Torino, 75 Elite
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2018 at 5:22PM
the white plastic part of the speedo cluster for a 72/73 rallye cluster.
gpd294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpd294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2018 at 3:05AM
Since this is a WISH LIST mind as well add the Upper Roof Rail weatherstripping for 4DR's and Wagons. 
Carlos....1975 Gran Torino Squire Station Wagon restored to look like a 1973 Torino Station

Wagon my Dad bought new from McAnary Ford on June 6, 1973 in Gary,Indiana
NwOh_Starsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NwOh_Starsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2018 at 8:20AM
Originally posted by gpd294 gpd294 wrote:

Since this is a WISH LIST mind as well add the Upper Roof Rail weatherstripping for 4DR's and Wagons. 

X2
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2018 at 1:22PM
How about a sport hood and nostril inserts, or at least a section like used to make "Frankenhoods"?
Randy
1979 T-Bird

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2018 at 2:06PM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

How about a sport hood and nostril inserts, or at least a section like used to make "Frankenhoods"?

That already exists. Dave Fortuna from Classic Auto Reproductions makes the sport scoop section, as it's popular to use on custom Mustang IIs.

Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2018 at 2:48PM
 i think randy meant one in metal?
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
7T9_Tbird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7T9_Tbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2018 at 1:19AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

i think randy meant one in metal?

Plus, It's for a Mustang II hood, which has no peak...like my T-bird...Evil SmileLOL
John
79 Thunderbird Heritage
79 Thunderbird Town Landau
02 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2018 at 2:25AM
Yes, yes and yes again. I completely agree with all the items on this thread, especially the wheel well moldings. I have been searching for a set of those for my 73 sport for a while now. I also wanted to suggest the rear licence plate bracket. The ones that flip down to get to the filler neck cap. I have my plate zip tied to the base of the bracket because im missing that too. Also maybe some more sheet metal parts such as the trunk pans or even full length floor pans. I know they have them for mustangs but havent seen any full length floor pans for torinos. Maybe 73 grilles too. I was fortunate enough to find one on ebay for my car last year. Keep the suggestions coming.

Travis
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2018 at 2:38AM
I just thought of something else, not sure if they have it already but the seat foam for both buckets and benches. I know the vynil upholstery is avalible
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2018 at 3:35PM
Originally posted by Power Surge Power Surge wrote:

That already exists. Dave Fortuna from Classic Auto Reproductions makes the sport scoop section, as it's popular to use on custom Mustang IIs.

is that "fullsized" or scaled down for the mustang II?
Randy
1979 T-Bird

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Power Surge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2018 at 2:46AM

Originally posted by Power Surge Power Surge wrote:

is that "fullsized" or scaled down for the mustang II?

My buddy Tony did the mold for it, and says it's scale to the original. Obviously there will be a little work to fit it to the hood, but if someone isn't willing to put the work into fitting it, they probably aren't going to put the work into doing a metal Frankenhood either   
Sal Mennella
73 GTS 351 CJ
75 Cougar XR7
TV 2M8O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV 2M8O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2018 at 1:01PM
Was going thru the drawers of an old cabinet that used to be in my garage and I found this molding clip. I think it may be a clip from my old '76 LE from back in the day but I didn't have time to look for the clips for my current car. Is my memory correct that this is the lower rocker molding clip?

THANKS

TV 2M8O OUT
JOE
1976 Gran Torino S&H season 2-4 Clone
Project Blog: http://tv2m8o.blogspot.com/
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2018 at 10:29AM
Either lower rocker or wide bodyside molding clip...
Randy
1979 T-Bird
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2018 at 11:42AM
unless they changed in 76 the rocker clips don't have those ears! i've seen one like that once a long time ago can't remember what is was off of??? could be the 72/73 rockers???
 what's the part # on that one joe? i have a 74 rocker clip with # i can check....
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2019 at 4:05PM

This is my old grille from my 73 gts. I was wondering if one of the reproduction compaines might be able to make a mold out of it and reproduce them. Would make alot of the 73 guys happy since finding originals. The top tabs are cut on this thats why i got a different grille. Someone who owned this previously cut those tabs on the top to put that plate in and put the blue ford emblem on it. Unbelivible what some people do to cars
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2019 at 6:39PM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
Travis91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 2:18AM
Its pretty sad isnt it. I dont know if autokrafters or macs or someone else would be able to make a mold out of it or not. But wanted to ask on here and see what anyones thoughts on it before i throw it out.
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 2:23AM
Maybe a real big 3D printer could make the grille. Just a thought.
jversch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jversch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2019 at 2:38AM
Originally posted by Travis91 Travis91 wrote:

Its pretty sad isnt it. I dont know if autokrafters or macs or someone else would be able to make a mold out of it or not. But wanted to ask on here and see what anyones thoughts on it before i throw it out.
Shocked Don't throw it out , someone should be able to use it , if not just for repair to another grill . 
Jerry VerSchneider
1972 Gran torino formal roof H Code
1973 Gran torino fast back H code.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>