The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ricks 72GTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2014 at 1:27PM
It's been a while since I worked the torino. My latest addition is a gear vendors overdrive for my 4 seed toploader. I was fortunate to find a used one brand new never installed. Unfortunately the car guy who owned it had passed before he could install it in his falcon. I dealt with his son and he was excited to see it go to good use. He also is a car guy. He's bringing his father's car back to factory specs . Hopefully the G.V. install goes as easy as they say it is. Thanks Rick
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2014 at 1:41PM
Here's a pic of the Falcon it was going in . The only thing I had to change was the coupler from a 25 spline to a 28 spline.
antlerfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2014 at 1:52PM
Nice Falcon. I hope the gv overdrive install goes well and you drive it Louisville. I want an overdrive of my own someday.
Alex
72 GTS (Morgan's Baby)
68 CJ Drag Car Clone
65 Mustang (first car)
77 LTD II (Drag Car)
78 Mustang II V6 4 speed
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2014 at 12:48AM
Rick,
I've be thinking of this as well! please post up any pix you have of the addition. I'm excited to be able to see your car in person someday....PS (still waiting on Ron)
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-March-2014 at 12:16PM
Everything bolted up perfectly. Picking up the drive shaft tomorrow then I have to install the computer but it's plug and play. I'm happy the shifter is in the correct spot for the console. John. ... Start calling Ron every day...Did he tell you he's waiting for a few knick-knacks? That was his last excuse with me. But it will be worth it he builds a great engine. Rick
75GranMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75GranMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2014 at 2:47PM
Rick,How bout some pix of that overdrive unit? I'm gonna run out of things to spend my money on. I need some ideas!
John 75Gran Torino 4spd
Tighten it down until it snaps and then back it off a half turn!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2014 at 3:09PM
I had all the pics on my phone then I mistakenly erased the wrong album. So now I can only take a shot of the finished product. I'll snap some shots over the weekend. I just came back from a 120 mile trip with it. It doesn't sound like much but It wasn't enjoyable before the o.d.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2017 at 3:21PM
Took 2nd place in Carlisle show June of 17...I figured I would update being it's very quiet around here
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2017 at 6:29PM
Clap Thumbs Up
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
BackInBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackInBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2017 at 12:40AM
Very nice!  Good work!
-John
1973 GTS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic