The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ricks 72GTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fordismyboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 6:17AM
I took this photo of the movie car 8/16/2012 in Carmel, CA. Husband and wife unloading about 1 mile from Mission Ranch. He said Clint wanted the car there for an event during the big Monterey car week.

Check out the non-factory tail pipe exit. Seems to match the image in the movie.......

TorinoTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinoTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 8:56AM
It's pointing downward?

I always wondered why the emblem on the grille is on the wrong side.
havanariviera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 10:46AM
http://mycarquest.com/2013/11/a-ford-torino-is-not-often-seen.html

This link shows a picture of the car on the lawn at Mission Ranch Inn in Carmel, California, owned by Clint Eastwood. I had read a while back that he bought the car after the movie wrapped but keeps it on display at Warner Bros. studio. The clip below (copy and paste) was uploaded to youtube in 2014, and shows it on display for the studio tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suTSJ3j9kaw

havanariviera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote havanariviera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 10:49AM
http://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/first-owner-reunited-with-real-gran-torino/article_01e65305-1b13-5cb1-9bc3-bbc270cbb182.html

This is an article from 2010 about the original owner of the car having the opportunity to "visit" it while on a Warner Bros. studio tour.
TorinoTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TorinoTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 11:05AM
I was just visiting LA last week and wish I had thought of going on the Warner Brothers tour while I was there. 

Interesting article on the original owner!

I did get to the Petersen Auto Museum which was amazing. No Torinos though. Not even in their vault tour.

72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 12:19PM
Looks good Rick. Glad you were able to find the line, and it look like the fit was decent.  If you've never worked with ni-copp lines yet, they are easier to bend and flare than steel and supposedly don't rust either.  I made up my fuel line from the pump to carb with it and I could bend it by hand.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 11:01PM
Originally posted by fordismyboss fordismyboss wrote:

That MAC's brake line looks like it fits real nice. Right into the factory clip too.

Is that a 3/4" rear sway bar? Most are 11/16" but your looks a bit bigger in the photo.

Congrats on the second place last June! I met the guy that owns the movie car when he brought it to one of Clints parties at mission ranch in Carmel CA. I snapped a pick, and if I can find it, I'll post it here. Yours looks much better!!!!
Thanks for the plug!! And yes it is 3/4... Never checked until you mentioned it

Edited by 72GTS351CJ - 14-November-2017 at 11:03PM
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
72GTS351CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72GTS351CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2017 at 11:09PM
Originally posted by 72FordGTS 72FordGTS wrote:

Looks good Rick. Glad you were able to find the line, and it look like the fit was decent.  If you've never worked with ni-copp lines yet, they are easier to bend and flare than steel and supposedly don't rust either.  I made up my fuel line from the pump to carb with it and I could bend it by hand.
The last time I did it was about 30 years ago... I guess things have changed a bit. I just remember trying to bend it and putting a kink in the line. The new lines fit well hopefully they don't rust too quick. I probably should spray some clear or something over it. Thanks for your help
72GTS Clint Eastwood Special                                     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic