The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seatbelts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seatbelts
    Posted: 30-March-2020 at 12:51PM
I need some 3 point retractable seatbelts for a 73 gts. Any good  sites for these? Any help would be great! 
californiajohnny View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2020 at 6:39PM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 VETTE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
68 MUSTANG FB CONVERSION
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2020 at 11:41AM
Single or double retractable?

In any case, DONT BUY in https://www.corvettemods.com/
They sent me a pair to a wrong address. Never arrives, I called them and they said that they will answer me, they did not. Then, made a claim in paypal (and after that, in the store they never talk to me because I opened a dispute) but, after first response in paypal, trying to add more information, made a mistake and changed the reason to "product was not as expected". BIG mistake, nobody response neither Paypal or corvettemods. Paypal said that I have to send the seatbelts back, I explained but they said that if I choose that reason, I have to send it back, even the first reason was that the product didnt arrive. I called them again and they were very rude. I lost around $200.
The owls are not what they seem
73torino gt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-March-2020 at 12:40PM
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is.  And that sucks u got robbed. 
aquartlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aquartlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2020 at 10:06AM
I found some NOS seat belt for my Ranchero from these folks, way cheaper than having my originals redone.

I have purchased VERY hard to find parts from these folks as well, https://nospartsltd.com/. Just need a part number for lookup. Hope this helps
www.supermotors.net/22468
Yeah, It's a Hybrid...It burns gas and tires.

No matter how good she looks, somebody, somewhere, is tired of her sh*t.

Beauty is skin deep, ugliness goes clear to the bone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2020 at 10:29AM
thanks I'll see what they got.
AgentCooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2020 at 10:34AM
The seatbelt can have one end-point fixed, the other retractable and the third is the "plug" ir, two end-points retractables and the third, the plug.
I don't know the others, but My 4dr gran Torino, 1975 have a double retractable, which are harder to find and more expensive.
The owls are not what they seem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-April-2020 at 3:10PM
Thanks for explaining.  On mine the shoulder strap connects to the lap belt so u have to hold them together kinda when u buckle up. Its a pain in the butt. So I think it's a double. 
albo74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albo74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2020 at 8:56AM
The 73  shoulder belt really was an early add on to the lap belt . tucked up over the window  , My 72 chevelle has one two . I think that was year one for U.S. made shoulder straps  .  Really a  pain to use . I never did . But for 74 they did have it down, one pull hook up , get this set up if you can .

Edited by albo74 - 02-April-2020 at 9:03AM
albos73gts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2020 at 10:13AM
that looks like a good one,thanks again 
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2020 at 1:29PM
The mounts on the floors are completely different between the 1972-73 cars and the 1974-76 cars.  If you look at an old thread I posted, you will see the differences in photos partway down the thread.

I haven't found a solution I like for front belts yet, so I am living with the two piece factory ones for now.
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car

GTS.org Admin
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2020 at 4:57PM
Originally posted by 73torino gt 73torino gt wrote:

thanks I'll see what they got.
 I believe they want part numbers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2020 at 2:57AM
Wow that's a big difference in placement for the retractors from the 73 to the 74

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2020 at 3:06AM
Do u have the part # for the original seatbelts? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2020 at 4:40AM
I'm finding alot for 73 mustang's , do u know if they have the same anchor point?
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2020 at 11:51AM
No the Mustangs were completely different.  Our Torino used a very unusual mount which makes it really difficult to find an aftermarket unit that works well and fits without looking like a hack job.
Vince

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2020 at 12:09PM
figures lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 9:21AM
do u know what year torino r the same if any?
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 9:43AM
the different style belt configs can have similarly different mounting points,

when i swapped the roof in my Ranchero the mount locations are very different from 1972 to 1978 IIRC
72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 9:46AM
so the mounting point affects the belt length I would assume 
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 10:03AM
and where it might cross your shoulder, or neck?

winders have plenty of belt in my experience anyway but mount angle / location / position etc may or may not be workable at all. many later model cars have belt guides on the corner of the seats to position the belt to safely restrain the occupant. what good is a belt if it snaps your neck?

all i'm saying is you need to do your homework

72 GT Ute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 10:49AM
I have plenty of time but not much luck finding anything or it's out of stock  but I'll keep looking 
72FordGTS View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 1:32PM
1972-73 are the only ones that are the same.  I was almost thinking the best solution would be to send an original retractor to a company to re-web it as a three point belt, using the roof mount for the shoulder strap.  It'd probably cost a fortune though.
Vince

GTS.org Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 1:38PM
yeah nothing cheap about these carsWink
handsofstone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handsofstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 2:12PM
Originally posted by 73torino gt 73torino gt wrote:

yeah nothing cheap about these carsWink

Unless you are trying to sell for what is a fair price.  LOL
Then everyone wants it for a song.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73torino gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2020 at 2:15PM
pretty much 
 Post Reply Post Reply