The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1968-1969 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seats
    Posted: 10-February-2020 at 7:01AM
I'm working on putting my seats into my 1968 torino and the floor is not level. I had seats that came with my car but the studs on the bottom dont reach all the way through the floor to the under side of the car. Was wondering if I might have the wrong seats or if I dont have a part that works like a spacer or something 
schufitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schufitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2020 at 3:07PM
I assume you have buckets since you reference seats.  There is a spacer inside that goes under the seat and the rear inboard stud goes through it through the floor.  Car should have a welded in bracket over the trans hump that acts as a spacer on front inboard stud.  Below is a shop manual diagram of pass side. Drivers is mirror image.

Does your seat look like this?  68's are the same, except no head rest.
 There is a guy on torinocobra.com who was making these.  Not sure if he still has any.  http://www.torinocobra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34581  

Edited by schufitz - 10-February-2020 at 3:33PM
Del Griffith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 1:29AM
Dave's pics shown are correct.

As far as the bolt length, yes - when the seats are installed the bolts should extend way past the floor pan.  I took my seats out a few weeks ago and the bolts had to have ~ 1" to 1 1/4" of thread showing.

So I'd guess either someone cut your bolts off (for only God know why?) or those are different model seats.
'69 Torino 2 -Door Coupe
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 4:06AM
thanks for the help that what I needed to know 
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2020 at 4:07AM
and yes I do have bucket seats 
Spencer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-February-2020 at 10:40AM
How far apart are the studs that go through the floor? Mine are 11 ยน/2" are these the right seats for my car? I have 2 holes in the floor of my car. One is 11 1/2" and it doesn't go all the way through to the bottom. I think I will have to order new seats. Can anyone give me the demention of the seat track so I can get the right one. Thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply