The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Official 72-76 "Pics of my car" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101stWGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2016 at 6:18PM
Originally posted by fordpower fordpower wrote:

Believe me at 71 everyday is another mistake.Hell every time I lay a tool down I forget were

I  try to be organized, it doesn't matter, by the end of a project I am down to my last socket wrench and am trying to match metric sockets to standard bolts.  I usually find them all in clean up.  

Edited by 101stWGR - 27-July-2016 at 11:41PM
Billy

73 Montego, 71 F100

Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone.
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2016 at 7:06PM

I  try to be organized, it doesn't matter, by the end of a project I am down to my last socket wrench and am trying to match metric sockets to standard bolts.  I usually find them all in clean up.  
[/QUOTE]yep! switch the working on car and the time cleaning and that's me Confused
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2016 at 10:48AM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Shocked  you caught the cattails on fire too? are you sure you're not related to joe LOL you don't happen to have any video of that, do you???!!!WinkLOL
No video. Yep, cattails went up when the burning washer fluid ran into the ditch.
Worst part was, I knew half the firemen who responded to the call...
So, I got to tell them what I did, and got to hear about it for several years...
By the way, HOLY CRAP is that stuff flammable!!!
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
MrSmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2016 at 11:42AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Shocked  you caught the cattails on fire too? are you sure you're not related to joe LOL you don't happen to have any video of that, do you???!!!WinkLOL
No video. Yep, cattails went up when the burning washer fluid ran into the ditch.
Worst part was, I knew half the firemen who responded to the call...
So, I got to tell them what I did, and got to hear about it for several years...
By the way, HOLY CRAP is that stuff flammable!!!

LOL  I never would have thought it was that flammable either, good to know LOL
Past 1974 Ranchero GT Q code

Present 1973 Q code formal roof base model Torino with ralleye equpiment package and 4spd.
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2016 at 5:25AM
Well, it LOOKS like Windex, but it's really mostly colored alcohol.
So when you start to pour some on, and the fire gets worse, probably shouldn't pour the rest on in a panic.
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-July-2016 at 5:27AM
Originally posted by 101stWGR 101stWGR wrote:

Believe me at 71 everyday is another mistake.Hell every time I lay a tool down I forget were

Chart is defective (Or for wife's benefit), as it doesn't mention drinking beer anywhere.Wink
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
101stWGR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101stWGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2016 at 12:18AM
Originally posted by Big Bird Big Bird wrote:

Originally posted by 101stWGR 101stWGR wrote:

Chart is defective (Or for wife's benefit), as it doesn't mention drinking beer anywhere.Wink

That Part Intentionally Omitted!  
Billy

73 Montego, 71 F100

Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone.
Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2016 at 2:50AM
How about a car photo? :-)

Got a set of 80's Grand Marquis / Crown Vic rims, put Hancook 225/70R15s on them, put them on the wagon. Zero fitment issues, same outside diameter as the original H87-14s within 0.7%.

Anyone know where I can find replacement centers? The chrome is in good shape, the plastic bit for the centers which unscrews from the back... not so much.

Edited by Canuck - 12-August-2016 at 2:50AM
72 Montego MX Wagon
Ranchero Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranchero Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2016 at 3:03AM
NiceThumbs Up
Brian   1973 Ford Ranchero Big Block. ''THE OTHER WOMAN''
gnrlee01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlee01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2016 at 12:18PM
do you have a more close up picture? i would like to see what those rims look like.
74 gts 460/auto with factory sunroof
Canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2016 at 2:06AM
Here's the rims when I first got them home and gave them a once over cleaning. I may have those old tires sold to someone with a 68 mustang!

and getting the new tires put on them and mounted on the car:

They shouldn't be hard to find if you're looking for a set - just get out your fanny pack, walkman and some leg warmers and head to the 80s. The center caps - which are easier to find fitment info for than the rims - were used on 1980-1991 Crown Vics and presumably similar Grand Marquis. 

When you're buying a set, make sure the 3 black posts the hubcaps mount to aren't broken off. In my googling for new center caps they're not hard to find (although not cheap) but I've never seen the replacement mount posts anywhere. This tells me they're either impossible to find, or they never break.

You'll also need double-length nuts to mount them - they have a pretty deep recess the nut goes into, deep enough that you can't get a socket on the end of a standard wheel nut if you spin it all the way into the hole. I can get you a photo of what my shop found (~$2 / nut), just ask.
72 Montego MX Wagon
M Casey Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2016 at 10:43AM
This was my high school car back in the 80s

look at all those pioneer TSX6 on the package tray LOL I had four of them back there Thumbs Up

My current Hot rod when I first got it.

Now

Edited by M Casey Stock - 14-December-2016 at 10:44AM
1975 Gran Torino, Copperhead

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060
unlovedford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 2:21AM
My current driver. Base '72 Formal. GTS front cap and hood, 460, fun old car.

Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1968 Cougar XR7-First batch
1972 Torino 460
1989 BroncoII/Jeeps/Titanimous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 2:25AM
My '76 and '68 Cougar still mothballed since 1991.

The two '72 Torino wagons are pictured here somewhere.

Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 2:26AM
I actually drove them both in there. Sheesh. The '76 was my high school car I've had since 1980.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 2:49AM
Shocked that gives me some ideas... we could have a "show us your garage mess thread" or a how many different items can you find challenge LOL

Edited by californiajohnny - 15-December-2016 at 2:50AM
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 3:49AM
Originally posted by unlovedford unlovedford wrote:

My '76 and '68 Cougar still mothballed since 1991.

The two '72 Torino wagons are pictured here somewhere.

I STILL GET COUGAR ENVY EVERY TIME I SEE IT!!! Nothing will do for me but a 68....gotta find me a nice 68!

I also just noticed Joe, you have more leaves inside your garage than out Clap good job buddy!

Edited by M Casey Stock - 15-December-2016 at 3:51AM

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 10:38AM
It actually looks a little better now. We should start one of those threads. Have both wagons and my Little Mule in the lower garage and you can barely see them.

There is one of my old customers in Mississippi that I used to call on for oil & gas that has been after me for over 3 years to sell him that Cougar. It was in the very first of the '68 run and was purchased new from the Ford advertising branch by a Ford district rep (who we got it from). I had a '68 XR7/GT S Code 4 speed for several years, but sold it about 2 years ago. Very few made like that one. Kept the 9 inch rear end, shifter, 4 speed, fenders, doors and rear seat out of it. Guy just wanted the 390 and the rest of the car.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 12:31PM
I could make it real nice Joe....I'll never say where I got it from Wink  But seriously, if you come across a nice restore-able one that they don't want two arms and a leg for, you know how to reach me. It doesn't have to be any special numbered one with special options, just a nice solid body. No engine, FINE... no trans, FINE... just less for me to have come up with at one time Thumbs Up Just gotta be a 68.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unlovedford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-December-2016 at 3:35PM
There is one locally for around $2K. He has 2 of them, both are for sale, and may be able to get a package deal. Has them on Craigslist Chattanooga under Cougar. You have to weed through the 30-40 year old women advertising themselves (Cougars) but it is worth it...and slightly entertaining.
Joe
1972 GTSquire Wagon
1972 Torino Wagon
1976 Torino (2)       
1972 Torino 460

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic