The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Project Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Shark

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changinlatitudes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2017 at 1:25AM
VERY nice! Such unique cars....
Matt

1972 Montego MX
1973 Gran Torino Sportsroof
2003 Mercury Marauder 300A
2003 F-150 5.4
lynchster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynchster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2017 at 3:00PM
Just throwing this out there.........That gun sight grille on the concept car would look cool if you could fab one up.
Chuck
72 Gran Torino Sport
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2017 at 9:31AM
Originally posted by lynchster lynchster wrote:

Just throwing this out there.........That gun sight grille on the concept car would look cool if you could fab one up.

its missing the GT part of the emblem, hmmm. but would look cool

-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2017 at 6:43PM
Originally posted by ramair351 ramair351 wrote:

Michigan is one of the easier states to get a title I hear. They really don't care what other state it was titled in.   Just fill out a form, give them a bill of sale, they do a Michigan title and theft search, two to three weeks later you get one

Same as Kansas.
Phone call to the KHP, they set up a time for the trooper to meet you to inspect the VIN and run the check, pay $20 for the paper, take it to the DMV and out the door you go with your plates and the title comes a couple weeks later.

IF it is drivable or on a trailer, you can have the same inspection done right at the Sheriff's office too.
I lived in a Military town so they had a full time VIN inspection person at a desk in the DMV. They VIN check EVERY out of state title before you register and with the military guys coming from all over the world... the make a killing.

Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2017 at 3:06PM
Bonus round!   I found a 1986 California drivers license and $80 in cash stuffed under the dash today!
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2017 at 4:49PM
 Shocked
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2017 at 4:59PM
Originally posted by californiajohnny californiajohnny wrote:

Shocked

Hey there is only a handful of people living in California right? Anybody know anyone who lives in El Macero?
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-January-2017 at 5:01PM
i lived there for the first part of my life, never heard of that town????
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2017 at 5:55AM
google the guy & tell him you found his $ haha
72 GT Ute

ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2017 at 2:02PM
Amazingly, I have the guys drivers license number and birthdate, but I am not enough of a hacker to find the guy.
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

yellowsportwagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowsportwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2017 at 4:30PM
Originally posted by Regul8r 2 Regul8r 2 wrote:

Michigan is one of the easier states to get a title I hear. They really don't care what other state it was titled in.   Just fill out a form, give them a bill of sale, they do a Michigan title and theft search, two to three weeks later you get one

Same as Kansas.
Phone call to the KHP, they set up a time for the trooper to meet you to inspect the VIN and run the check, pay $20 for the paper, take it to the DMV and out the door you go with your plates and the title comes a couple weeks later.

IF it is drivable or on a trailer, you can have the same inspection done right at the Sheriff's office too.
I lived in a Military town so they had a full time VIN inspection person at a desk in the DMV. They VIN check EVERY out of state title before you register and with the military guys coming from all over the world... the make a killing.

That emblem piece is the same as a 66 Fairlane GT. Dearborn classics carries them.

Tim
M Casey Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2017 at 1:34AM
Looks great! Not much body work to do, so it should be an easy build. I like the wash job, really makes a difference. I did the same thing (took a picture while wet and shinny)

1975 Gran Torino, Copperhead

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060
ramair351 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramair351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2017 at 3:24PM
Casey that's a nice looking car!
-Pete
1972 montego GT
1970 Torino cobra SCJ
1970 mustang mach 1
1965 Falcon futura

M Casey Stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Casey Stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2017 at 3:41AM
Thanks. the second picture is about 30 min. after it was delivered (by roll back) it wouldn't run, heck, I didn't even have the keys or the title, owner was looking for them and had written me a bill of sale. I was so excited and afraid he would change his mind, that I had it towed to me anyway. Eventually he came up with both, which made things a lot easier. Anyway, I broke out the super clean and the water hose, I literally sprayed it down with the cleaner and hosed it off, no brushes or rags, and stepped back and this is what I saw. Doesn't look like the same car, but is very deceiving. In actuality it needed quite a bit of rust repair to the sheet metal. Passengers fender, drivers quarter, patch panels here and there, fabbed up from scratch tail light buckets (can't buy these things for our cars), everything sheet metal that was rusted. I would have loved for it to have been rust free, but around here you don't come across too many period, let alone totally rust free ones. At least it was all original and everything still in place.
 "The Shark"  looks pretty solid, should make for an easier build, hopefully when you pull trim and lighting, you don't find the "surprises" that I did LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress as it plays out, should be a cool ride when you are done, seems to have some nice options to it.

Edited by M Casey Stock - 25-January-2017 at 7:11AM
1975 Gran Torino, Copperhead

http://forum.grantorinosport.org/75-gran-torino-soft-restoration-copper-head_topic15137_post169060.html?KW=#169060
n2fordwagons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2fordwagons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-January-2017 at 6:22AM

installed a replacement valance i got from a member here, yea its brown, but it doesnt look like an accordion like the old one.

Somehow I missed this thread.  It's cool to actually see one of my old parts live on, on someone else's car!  I've been following your updates on FB too.  Looking good!!
Jeff

76 Mercury Montego MX Villager w/ 460
79 Ford Thunderbird w/ T-tops
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic