The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Photo Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tired of looking at your late model front end

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-June-2016 at 5:24AM
you can see where the fender sits lower than the bumper i need to cut it agine and make it extend down more this is were most of the cuting and welding was done on this bumper i had to make 3 compounding cuts so i wouldnt get my self in trouble when i bent the side out

Edited by hammer - 04-June-2016 at 4:43PM
76 gran torino brougham
Regul8r 2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regul8r 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2016 at 10:46AM
STANDING OVATION!!!!

One of the coolest mods I have EVER seen on our cars!!

Drop in a set of THIN LED driving and fog lights in the bumper slots.
Wire the fogs alone and the driving to come on with the Low beams and POW!!
I mean, stack a driving and a fog in each hole.
they make thin led set ups that are 1 row tall that would fit NICELY!

IF I had a 74-76 I would be online finding one of those bumpers right now!!!

BTW...
WELCOME to the Family!

Your account should be activated now, sorry for the delay!

Still the same admin/moderator REGUL8R just needed a 2nd account for more picture space.
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2016 at 7:49AM
Thank you very much for the support hard work pays off
76 gran torino brougham
californiajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2016 at 2:58PM
keep the pics and info coming! i like it Big smile
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
Rockatansky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockatansky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2016 at 4:48PM
the Olds bumper gives it some flavor of the 72 & 73 base model front clip
72 GT Ute

hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 11:07AM
thanks i will post more on where the cuts where made to keep the curves maching and the bumper brackets
76 gran torino brougham
Big Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 12:44PM
I'm wondering if a Skylark bumper 71-72 might have been easier. same basic shape/size without the center bump-up. Neat idea and great execution.
The above post should be read in a "Grumpy Old Man" voice.
Almost forgot: "Get off my lawn!!!"
Randy
1979 T-Bird
2006 GMC Sierra
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 2:16PM
yes i think  the skylark would have bin easier but any way you do this will have its chalenges
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 2:30PM
and the skylark bumper is taller to if you look at the picture on this page my fender hangs bellow the bumper
76 gran torino brougham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 3:11PM
is the skylark bumper taller? i looked at a buddy's 71? skylark a couple of weeks ago and it looked shorter! but not sure on the year, i'm curious so i'll look more closer at his car at the next show!
 any reason why you left the opera windows???
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 3:26PM
i like the opera windows and there was only 3183 of them made that year i will be doing work to make them more plush. it sure helps when you need more fild of vision when passing some one
76 gran torino brougham

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote californiajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 3:56PM
Originally posted by hammer hammer wrote:

i like the opera windows and there was only 3183 of them made that year i will be doing work to make them more plush. it sure helps when you need more fild of vision when passing some one
this is true! but it seems like they just take away from the look of the musclecar shape of the bodies of this era, just my opinion but i totally agree with you about blind spots! i'm not picking it apart!!! just was curious
JOHN
74 GRAN TORINO S&H CLONE
74 CORVETTE COUPE CUSTOM
90 S10 BLAZER 4X4 LIFTED
77 CELICA CUSTOM
75 V8 MONZA SUPERCHARGED
79 COURIER VERT. SLAMMED
75 VEGA V6 5 SPD
70 CHEV C10 P/U
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 4:04PM
ya iv had alot of mixed apinions about this 
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2016 at 6:12PM
_i am looking for these seats in blue if any of you have run across these let me know and the back seat to

Edited by hammer - 14-June-2016 at 6:21PM
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:17AM
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:25AM
this is where i cut the bumper i made sure that i did not cut right on the corners  but right next to it to keep the body lines correct you have to use a dolly to mold the metal then fill in whats missing i suggest grabbing another bumper to cut metal off of  and make sure its the same thickness. i still want to make another cut and bend the bumper down to the bottom of the fender.
76 gran torino brougham
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 5:35AM

want to cut where the orange line is and bend and adapt it to meet the yellow lines
76 gran torino brougham
72FordGTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72FordGTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 9:33AM
I don't dislike the 74-76 front end, it's pretty decent for that era of car.  That said, I really think the front end you did on your car looks great!  Very nice work!
Vince

1972 Ford GTS Sportsroof - Survivor, One Family car
hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2016 at 11:38AM
thanks just so every one knows its not that i dont like the front end it looked great for 20 years i just always have imagined a different look for my car im a big fan of 68-69 and 70-71 i like the open look. this isnt the end of my desin im going to make my own nose but i need a doner car to mount it to and do all the sanding off of and the idea is to make a austrailan 76 falcon look
76 gran torino brougham
Eliteman76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eliteman76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2017 at 3:05AM
Just saw this. I like the look, it does have the flavor of the 1972 front bumper, and this goes well with the body lines.

Main thing is, it's your car and you did what you wanted.

Personally, I am OK with the battle ram bumpers but I will say I like the look. Well done.

Oh and as far as pictures go, the trick is to your available lighting. You want to try having the sun at your back. If it's an extremely sunny day, the glare will cause issues.

I can say my Iphone 6+ takes outstanding pictures, but I still have a Sony digital camera that can take up to 12MB photos and I still occasionally use it.

Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic