The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > General Automotive Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission cooler setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72RogerGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission cooler setup
    Posted: 16-December-2014 at 9:58AM
Hi guys I'm getting to the the point that I need to setup the trans cooler and I have no idea as to how to connect trans radiator n cooler to each. Any ideas would help out a lot. Sorry I am still new at this. I have read a thread regarding which order to connect them yet it didn't explain how to do so.
GranTorinslo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GranTorinslo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2014 at 11:40AM
You want to have the hot line from trans goes to radiator, radiator to external cooler, external to trans. I believe the line in at the top of the radiator is hot and bottom is return/cold. So the bottom line gets moved/altered/routed
Edit: add appropriate amount of fluid

Edited by GranTorinslo - 16-December-2014 at 11:42AM
72RogerGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72RogerGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2014 at 3:24PM
Thanks appreciate it I actually found some fittings that might work just right.
 Post Reply Post Reply