The Ford Torino Page Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Model Specific Forum > 1972-1976 Ford and Mercury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transport suggestions ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick727c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transport suggestions ?
    Posted: 18-January-2009 at 10:40AM
Can anyone suggest or recommend a reasonable transport company to take my 1976 Gran Torino from Ohio to southwest Louisiana ?.This is the first time I have dealt with transport companies. I have recieved quotes from $ 550 - $ 950
mitchdublin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchdublin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2009 at 12:07PM
Make sure you check the companies out on the net, forums etc. I got a few cars transported across the states, some dodgy companies out there. Don't always go for the cheapest quote.
You also do not need to go through a broker, a lot of companies charge you a fee and then just contact a transport company that you don't know and send it with them. I had two cars damaged and couldnt claim off the carrier. Another debited my credit card every month for 6 months.
Car movers usa is one of the worst.
Good luck with it.
mcford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2009 at 2:51PM
Americas choice automovers!  this is the ONLY palce i will go thru.  3 of my own casr and 6-10 recommendations from me.  A+ rating from everyone and they are reasonable.  i made the mistake of deviating from them fall of 07 and i paid the price.  THAT transport place f**ked up my ride.  Never again.
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply